WX Radar and Micro-Stuttering

Hi to all

I use 1.0.1 version. During my fights I noticed that every 5 seconds there is a micro-stutter of 1 second.

After try to investigate about it excluding various softwares test after test (FS Real Time, AS16, vPilot, etc), change P3Dv4 setting (I have a high-profile setup desktop, 4790k with a 980ti and 8GB of ram, running on a SSD) and try other aircraft (actually only CLS DC-10 for P3Dv4) I've discovered that this problem come out after turn on the WX Radar.

If I turn it off all microstutter disappear.

I can reproduce it on other planes because actually on P3Dv4 the CRJ is the only "deep" system aircraft that I have, but is sure that the problem is generate by the work of Wx Radar.

You can try to replicate it in all condition of traffic, weather or airport; on ground and on flight at all altitude, the stutter appear after turn on WX and disappera after turno off it.

I hope I was helpful.

Best Regards!

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, generale84 said:

I think is a problem of the gauge of CRJ, not bios...

If the CRJ would be frozen 20% of the time (as you describe) I think there would be a few thousand people rather unhappy and I am sure they would let us know. Clearly there is a process on your system that runs every 5 seconds. Nothing in the CRJ actually does that, but of course it is very possible that that process brings your cpu or gpu over a certain threshold and shuts things down.

However a stutter of a second is extreme, it should be very easy to see what process eats up all processes in that period using process monitor. The only time I can recall this happening on one of my systems was when the motherboard was trying to sync up a raid system.

I don't know, but my system i fast and stable...1 sec stutter like you said is very extreme, always many time invisible to see...maybe also could have it.

The process that run is linked to CRJ (I think gauge of WX) because it went out when WX is active.

Archived