Flightplan issues

Guys having problems just creating a flight plan EGPH to EHAM following Navigraph upgrade....Anyone else having this issue. Have logged with support who have confirmed my issue and are investing..

George.

Having checked on another install use the advanced planner and disable the 'RAD' function.

EDIT:

Having found the RAD filter causing issue you could disable it:

Please login to display this image.

I would suggest then editing the airport to setup the SID's:

Wow thanks for this but not willing to modify anything just yet until support gets back to me. Basically this was never an issue before. It basically states cannot find flightplan....

That is correct, I had the same result here.

Updating the RAD entry to be current it works alongside EG2787 and it is possible to get a validated route straight off.

You could save the developers time by referencing this post in your ticket.

Bit more information for you. I confirm that I never had any issues until I updated to the latest Navigraph Database? Any route, even a simple route say EGPH to EGPK will not produce a flight plan without pushing me through the advanced route by stating no route found? This never happened before. NB I am still waiting for a reply from support which is to say the least disappointing as I cannot currently raise a flight plan?

George.

PFPX is a planning/scheduling tool, it will not always find a route automatically for you. Use the alternative options to plan the route yourself, it is what they are for.

In relation to EGPH-EGPK even the EuroControl IFPS will not propose a route on that airport pair either.

The UK Standard Route Document does however contain proposed routes.

Having the same issue here mate. SInce updating to AIRAC 1709 i am having trouble finding even the simplest routes. I just ran the route checker in PFPX and out of 9040 routes, 4029 were "wrong" and had the yellow exclamation mark, so you are not the only one :). Ill keep you posted as to if i solve the issue. Going to take a look at this RAD 'issue' a few people have mentioned.

6 minutes ago, A33Pete said:

Having the same issue here mate. SInce updating to AIRAC 1709 i am having trouble finding even the simplest routes. I just ran the route checker in PFPX and out of 9040 routes, 4029 were "wrong" and had the yellow exclamation mark, so you are not the only one :). Ill keep you posted as to if i solve the issue. Going to take a look at this RAD 'issue' a few people have mentioned.

What was your previous AIRAC version ?

Are these the  PFPX 'supplied' routes ?

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hijack your post George.

- Previous AIRAC was the previous available, its always kept up to date thankfully.

- Yeah they were the routes supplied id assume, it asked me to check the routes after the new AIRAC, as it usually does.

Just a little confused as to why id need to go into the advanced planning of the plans now i've put NG1709 on, when i've always just been able to find the plan automatically on previous AIRACS. For example EGAA - EGBB, fill out the usual fields (Flight number, Aircraft etc), finds the plan as usual, but EGAA - EGPH cannot find a route and requires me to go into the advanced options. I keep reading about RAD but that's just confusing the hell out of me, ha.

Thanks in advance mate

Pete

Hello Pete,

If there were no changes to airways/navaids/fixes/sid/star then there would be no point in updating the AIRAC cycle at all.

When the routes have been checked following the new AIRAC install you are informed of what the error is if there has been a change, it may be just SID/STAR naming. I have 1200+ of my own stored routes and on average there will be some 80 updates per cycle. It is your choice whether you process the updates at the time.

For the EGAA-EGBB route did you try disabling the RAD function in the advanced planner, if so was a route then returned? If you do not validate routes through EuroControl then use of the RAD may not be required.

As vast sections of European airspace have migrated to Free Route Airspace I strongly suggest you install the 'PFPX RAD restrictions and directs' file produced by David and available in the download section of this forum. AIRAC files do not contain the required direct connections.

Additionally planning in the UK can be improved with the UK Standard Route Document as posted above but requires Excel. It is possible to import these via an Excel template produced by Serge ( PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets ) again available from the download section.

Hi all

Using the route editor and working around the IFPS errors I got: TLA Y96 NATEB L602 OTR L90 DOLAS L603 LAMSO.

I agree with George that route planning with PFPX recently does produce more IFPS errors.  PFPX or RAD I'm not sure. I'm no expert.

Allan Thomson

13 minutes ago, colartkit said:

Hi all

Using the route editor and working around the IFPS errors I got: TLA Y96 NATEB L602 OTR L90 DOLAS L603 LAMSO.

I agree with George that route planning with PFPX recently does produce more IFPS errors.  PFPX or RAD I'm not sure. I'm no expert.

Allan Thomson

Try editing the EG2433 RAD restriction as posted above, no need to use the route editor, I get a valid route from 'find'.

13 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Try editing the EG2433 RAD restriction as posted above, no need to use the route editor, I get a valid route from 'find'.

Worked too, thanks.

Allan Thomson

Archived