XML Delay Timer / Aerosoft Airbus

schwaki94

Hi guys,

I've already asked in the german part of the Aerosoft Airbus forum, but didn't get replies. Now I want to ask here, maybe somebody can help me :)

Unlike my posting in the german part of the forum I would like to describe you my "project" - and thereby my problem: The real Airbus (especially the old ones, but also some new aircrafts) makes a noise when the generators (and so the electrical contacts) switch from EXT PWR to APU GEN or (at engine start) from APU GEN to ENG1/2 GEN, and so on... I would like to simulate this in the Aerosoft Airbus (it's for me, I will not publish my work - or just via PM). To realize this I edit the sound.xml file in Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems. For example, here is one part of the script:

(L:AC1_Conf, number) 1 ==
        (L:GEN1_hbp, bool) 0 == &&
        if{    
            1 (> L:ASC_GenSwitch, bool)
            1 (> L:GEN1_hbp, bool)
        }

In general, it checks if the status of the generators change, and if, it has to play a sound file, thereafter set a marker to logical 1 and the script is finished. The file "ASC_GenSwitch" is a sound file, the variable "GEN1_hbp" (hbp means has been played) is described in the panel folder of the aircraft. This script works very fine, I don't have any problems with it!

Now I want to go one step further and would like to get the panel light flicker for a short time so at night you can really "see" this effect. (By the way, I know that this effect isn't really markable in the newer airbuses - but I want to realize that in the sim :) )

I've also already find the required code to switch on or off the panel light (it's (> K:PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE)) - but if I just insert this line twice to let it switch off and on again, it's done in infinitely time and I cannot see this effect. So I need a delay timer which lets switch off the panel light, wait for about 0,1 or 0,2 seconds, and then let it switch on again.

And there I got stuck. Working with ABSOLUTE_TIME or an WAIT element in XML did not work. Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Marius

Archived