V111 Twin Otter Starting to act up.

bigsky10

I have the Twin Otter Extended V111 installed in FSX.  Has been work pretty good other than there is no ability to do a cold dark start.  I have noticed some throttle problems lately.  I have throttles set with FSUIPC using 2 SAITEK throttle quadrants. My question is should I completely uninstall this version and go to my areosoft account and download the new V121 and install. I have been looking through the forum and can no really find if then new version is just for P3D or can be used in FSX.

I this would not work should I re download V111 and install it to go back to original setting. I do fly the twin otter a lot and like the way it gets around.

Thanks for you help.

Dick

System:

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System

I installed the new V121 the other day and while I took a couple test flights in the 300 Wheeled, the 300 Tundra and the 100 Wheeled. I am not sure if there has been a change to the flight dynamics but I had a couple issues I don't know if correct of not. After take-off in the tundra I set climb speed to about 98 knts.  After I got to about 3500 feet altitude I set power per procedures. Aircraft climb at 500 FPM.  As can bee seen by the attached photo my settings were as follows:  prop RPM was at 90%, GG RPM was set at 75%. FF was at about 200 lbs. Anything over 25 torque press put me in the yellow.

I didn't have problem with the 100 (only one flight).  First flight on the 300 Wheeled was OK but second leg had the same problem as tonight. I guess Not sure to try and reinstall or delete and go back to V111. 

I also found this file Aircraft.xml file in the Flight Simulator x files with the flight plans.  I am not sure that is supposed to be there.  ( C:\users\Dick\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aerosoft\AerosoftTwinOtterExtended/Aircraft.xml).  The date modified was 5/29/2017. ( am sure it was not there when I had the V111 installed.

Thanks

Dick

System:

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System

Please login to display this image.

Aircraft.xml

Thanks MarkHurst.  I went back last night and found some old posts in the forum and found that out.  It was pretty warm temperatures last night when I was flying.  I did notice when I got up to cruise alt temps were cooler and T5 backed off so I could readjust engine settings. Air speed does come up to 155 to 165 knts so I guess I will watch and fly accordingly.  Thanks for the input. I am always learning thing every time I fly.  The help you knowledgeable guys give on the forum is great. 

I thought it might just be FSX.  I am looking at P3D or X plane but not sure my computer will run them. I am looking at new machines but to get recommended system it is more $ than I can pay now. I am trying to find middle of the road computer to do the job.

I do like your home built cockpit for sure. I have watched a number of your videos.

Dick

Archived