Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

I am getting this error from time to time on my old flight sim pc which has installed p3d v2 on, and all other stuff works, but this shows up now and then.

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          03.09.2017 21:41:05
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Surfern
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-03T19:41:05.276804900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>176154</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Surfern</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">265</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xa3a039d89e651866</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xb3b7465ef0e2e534</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80003011fc8</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x1</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

What can cause this? RAM is checked and confirmed working. PSU checked and all is in order, Graphic card is checked and latest nvidia drivers are on, Windows 7 is up to date. Still this can happen when i am not touching the computer.

So, what is the cause for this to happen? Dusted the computer 2 day's ago, removed a lot of dust from it, i do this once a month to keep all clean, incl. airflow, filters etc, evrything is okay, except from that fault described.

If i leave the computer on, and dont touch it for a while, and come back, and then move the mouse or touch the keyboard, this happens. Anyone ???

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you check this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2028504/windows-kernel-event-id-41-error-the-system-has-rebooted-without-clean

To get more details and eventually see a BSOD, you should do the following:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

It does not matter that page, it happens without a warning. Lets picture this: I am watching tv, the computer is next to me, i am not touching it, out of the sky, it gives a bsd without me touching it, i am not even near it, not even with my hands, this can happen from time to time, no warning given, i suspect a faulty memory stick, but i can be wrong, this can also be a psu fault, well, what can you expect after 9 years old computer.. Just say'in..

• Deputy Sheriffs

All ok, but do you get a BSOD? Yes or NO? in Case NO, simply follow the 5 steps above. If you do so, you computer will not reboot unexpected next time the problem occurs, but show you a  BSOD which gives more details, especially the STOP code. Googling for this STOP code might point you to the root cause.

• 1 month later...

Happen just again yesterday without touching the computer, but it only say as i said above, kernal power, error 41 etc, so i am totally blank here. Maybe a rebuild of the computer should do the trick, take out everything, clean it, and then insert it again, see if that helps, but i doubt it..

Archived