Uninstall via Control Panel not working

Hi

I am getting an error message (see picture below) when I try to uninstall the CRJ from P3D v4 via the control panel.  I have to go to the Aerosoft/CRJ folder to find the uninstall file and run that to get the aircraft to uninstall.  All other uninstalls seem to work OK, including the same aircraft in my P3D v3.4 installation on the same computer.     I note that the heading says " C:\Prepar3D", whereas the installation folder is actually "C:\Prepar3D v4".      By the way, I also posted an entry in a previous post about a problem with this aircraft and Chaseplane not showing inboard views properly in this P3D v4 installation.  (see later post in the topic below.).  Is this uninstall indicative of a problem with the installing of the aircraft into P3D v4.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing including earlier versions, but both problems still exist.

Please login to display this image.

Okay, please do the following and then reinstall, ensuring that you have your computer security disabled and run the installer "As Admin":

a.  Manually remove Digital Aviation CRJ folder from:

For FSX:  Main Flight Sim Folder\aerosoft\

For P3D:  Main Flight Sim Folder\Ecosystem\aerosoft\

b. Manually remove the folders below from your Main Flight Sim Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes folder:

Aerosoft CRJ Base

Aerosoft CRJ-700

Aerosoft CRJ-900

Best wishes.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the  reply.  Before I try your suggestion, I have become aware of further results which may affect my next course of action.   You or others may have some knowledge of this.    I tried to uninstall a different program add-on (Aerosoft scenery installed in P3D v4) and got the same error window.   I then tried a variety of other add-ons which were in P3D v4 and some failed in the same way, others appeared to start OK with appropriate uninstall window appearing.   All the Aerosoft add-ons appeared to fail.    As the error window is labelled "C:\Prepar3D" which is the folder name for my P3D v3.4 installation, NOT my P3D v4 installation, this got me thinking!.    Could it be that the "installer" design for some software cannot distinguish between a folder name of    "Prepar3D" (my P3D v3.4 installation folder) and "Prepar3D v4" (my P3D v4 installation folder).  As you can see, I used a space before the "v4"  part of the second folder, which on reflection was perhaps not wise.   Hence, the uninstall routine thinks the correct uninstall file is in "Prepar3D", and when it cannot find the correct file it gives the error message.   There were a few other developer's uninstallers which also did not work via the Control Panel and gave the same error message.    I know this may be clutching at straws, but it does seem to logically fit what is happening!  If that is the case, perhaps I need to start with a clean P3D v4 installation and name the folder, say, "Prepar3Dv4" or Prepar3D_v4" or similar with no spaces.

Regards

Keith

From the additional, I'm wondering if your not have a problem with your Windows Registry. That will be an easter egg hunt.

You know, it might be faster and a whole lot easier to reinstall Windows and jump off from a known good position.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply.   At the moment, although I can't uninstall some  of the software through the control panel, I can try to uninstall by going directly to the uninstall file in the appropriate folder when I need to.   Since I have FSX-SE, P3D v3.4  and P3D v4 installations which I don't want to lose or have to re-install from scratch, I'll probably forego going right back to a clean install of Windows at present, though I agree this might in the long term be the best solution.    A slightly easier method might be to test out my theory and just clean out and then re-install P3D v4 with the labellling change to the installation directory I mentioned in my first post.    At least that way I might reduce the workload.  If that doesn't work, I'll go for a clean machine.

Regards

Keith

Archived