AP and Yaw-Damper, TOD in Nav-Display

Hello, just thre questions about the CRJ´s.
Vers 1.0.1
FSX/SP2
If I disable AP during Approach the Yaw-Damper is still active and this causes problems to aline the aircraft at the centerline during crosswind landing. The Rudder with active Yaw-Damper don´t have any influence at that moment if the rear gears touch the runway. So it´s difficult to hold the plane at the runway.
Ok, I know this issue now and switch off the Yaw-Damper manuell but should this be not automatic if I disengage AP?

Overall I think the new version of the CRJ´s better follows Flight Plans, but there still some oddities.

During performing a flight from EDDF to LIEO the TOD was far away from correct. TOD was displayed at ODINA, more as 300nm away from LIEO.
Is this a result of the Airspace over Italy were I can use DCT over FL335 and FMS don´t found better matched waypoints?
At time I see TOD´s only together with waypoints never between two waypoints.

Please login to display this image.

In that picture you can see the distance to RIDAR with 510nm or is there a missing decimal point?
In NAV-MFD the distance is 6nm.

Please login to display this image.

15 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

I know this issue now and switch off the Yaw-Damper manuell but should this be not automatic if I disengage AP?

You should not have to switch off the Yaw Damper during normal ops.  You should have rudder control even with the yaw damper engaged.  Something is amiss.

44 minutes ago, RandallC said:

You should not have to switch off the Yaw Damper during normal ops.  You should have rudder control even with the yaw damper engaged.  Something is amiss.

Absolutely correct.  I would take a look at the calibration of your axis.  What type of controller(s) are you using, and are they assigned through FSUIPC or the sim?

Hello Randall and Dave,

thank you for your replies.

I still use the Microsoft FFP2 - Joystick without FSUIPC Settings and this stick works fine with all other Aircrafts (PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus, Dash400, ec).

All operations with the CRJ´s like taxi, take off, manuell flights, enroute, works also fine exeption is this little moment if the rear gears touch the runway. If the front gear touch the runway I get back control over steering.

The toughts I have are:

You can AP engage only if Yaw-Damper is active.

If you disengage Yaw-Damper first AP disconnect automatic.

But if you disconnect AP first Yaw-Damper not disconnect automatic.

Archived