IFR ROUTE COMPLEX

Tobin276

Hi everybody, I m a deep fan of aviation in general and I spent a lot of time with all aviation simulator, FSX, P3D and XP10.

I have a question that's been bugging me.

It concers IFR complex route.

For example, route LPPT-EGGP

INBOM/N450F240 UZ226 PRT UP600 TURON A5 STG R1 KORUL/N450F340 UN866 BERAD UM30 SALCO UN864 MONTY

I'm referring to the waypoint with speed and altitude details: INBOM/N450F240 and KORUL/N450F340: does it mean that STARTING FROM these waypoints I have to set the airplane  according with related speed and altitude, right?

so, starting from INBOM I have to set speed 450KNOT and FL240 and keep it up to KORUL than climb to FL340, am I right? 

just please remove me this doubt It would be really appreciated! 

thanks everybody who'll help me

Tobin

24 minutes ago, Tobin276 said:

does it mean that STARTING FROM these waypoints I have to set the airplane  according with related speed and altitude, right?

so, starting from INBOM I have to set speed 450KNOT and FL240 and keep it up to KORUL than climb to FL340, am I right?

Fully correct. However keep in mind that this is just your *plan* which is submitted to ATC. You won't start to climb/descend on your own without ATC clearance.

In many cases these restriction are simply filed to keep some legal requirements for the airways in use, in actual flight however ATC often deviates from those and simply keeps you up high while you maybe should descend according to your flightplan.

Archived