A320/21 - How to get back to standard view of virtual cockpit?

Schneepart

Hi.

I have a question regarding the predefined views that are engaged with F9-F12. How can I get back to the "normal" view of the virtual cockpit from these predefined views ? I know I can hit "A" a couple of times or chose the view from the view bar but that does all seem a bit "inelegant". Is there a way to assign the standard view of the virtual cockpit to a key like F8?

I know it's probably a noob question. Still grateful for help.

Markus

You'll have to use the view system to do it.

I absolutely HATE the way views were setup in the A320 Series (I'm going to stop there, because I could easily go on another rant about the A320 Series view system... LOL).

If you would much prefer to have your views more akin to how FSX/P3D are normally then PM me your email address and I'll provide you with replacement files that will give you back the traditional views. There are also backup files should you wish to return to the default Aerosoft view/view system.  It will take me a few days to get them to you.

Oh, and in the modified views the "Return to VC command" will actually take you back to the Captain position rather than a view point where you can't do anything including being able to use the hate switch to look around the VC.

43 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

use the hate switch

Oh Dave, what a Freudian slip. I can't blame you, though. I have a feeling we both made similar mods to the A320 series' views. Why snap, pan and xyz adjust were disabled, I have no idea. And F9 should return to Virtual Cockpit and nothing else, IMO.

But that's what's great about CFG... modify and thou shall be rewardest.

Hi Dave,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Could you briefly explain what you mean with the "Return to VC command"? Ist that a standard function that I can assign to a keyboard key? Maybe by tweaking a cfg file?

Thanks again,

Markus

Yes, check for this where you change control settings.  But as I already explained, it won't work in the Airbus due to the view system.

No, there is nothing in the cfg file that will assist you with this. You can open it up and take a look though, tha way you'll have a good idea of what is there.

My very best wishes.

Archived