Performance drop w/1.0.1

And this was with ASN and REX Texture Direct Enhanced running also...   Let us know if these steps help your sim's performance.  

Thanks Dave for your great tech support!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update from my experience after reading the many great suggestions. Only one thing has helped me with smoothness, and that was disabling 2x sparse grid sampling in NVIDIA inspector. 

Did a CRJ uninstall, removed remaining files manually, checked for any leftover files in the user/appdata folders, rebuild FSX.cfg, nothing changed and/or improved performance until I disabled sparse grid sampling. Strangely, no matter what the situation - a remote airport in India, fully loaded flight from Aersosoft's EDDF, mytraffic 6, and AS2016 - and trying these same situations in the most complex aircraft available for FSX, the CRJ was the least smooth. 

Im not sure I can live without sparse guide sampling yet ;-) I'll do more testing tonight. And thanks to Dave, Hans and everyone else for the support and help, all of you rock!

Cheers,

Pete

For those experiencing stutters, can you let us know if you're using NVIDIA Inspector to change AA and if so what the changes (you may wish to try the CRJ without them to see how it reacts)?  It would also be helpful to know what your FSX/P3D graphics settings are.

Many thanks.

I'm experiencing a performance drop only in the VC. The only adjustment I made to try to improve the performance is reducing the texture load from 4096 to 1024 resolution. This gave me an overall improvement in frame rates with all other aircraft add-ons but the CRJ seems to be sluggish in the VC. Previous versions had better performance.

Just now, Caribpilot said:

I'm experiencing a performance drop only in the VC. The only adjustment I made to try to improve the performance is reducing the texture load from 4096 to 1024 resolution. This gave me an overall improvement in frame rates with all other aircraft add-ons but the CRJ seems to be sluggish in the VC. Previous versions had better performance.

That's really nothing for us to go on my friend!

What sim are you using?

Can you please provide your complete system specs?

Have you tried removing the CFG file associated with whatever sim you're using?

Updated graphics drivers?

Have you deleted your shaders?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Windows 10 64bit
FX-8120 3.1Ghz
16 GB RAM
ATI 6670HD 1GB
FSX Steam Edition

I haven't tried updating my graphics card but I will try to do so and report back on any findings. The cfg files and shaders weren't removed or deleted so this is something I'll have to try also.

2 minutes ago, Caribpilot said:

Windows 10 64bit
FX-8120 3.1Ghz
16 GB RAM
ATI 6670HD 1GB
FSX Steam Edition

I haven't tried updating my graphics card but I will try to do so and report back on any findings. The cfg files and shaders weren't removed or deleted so this is something I'll have to try also.

While your system is capable of running the CRJ, it just barely is - plus you're using AMD products, and they don't work work nearly as good as NVIDIA does.

You're going to have to reduce your graphics settings a bit until the stutters stop. Make sure you're using Ansiotrophic instead of Trilinear in FSX.

Best wishes.

I'm not particularly a fan of comparing the perfomance of products since they can differ based on very different circumbstances. However, it's odd that I'm using other products like the FSLA320, PMDG 747v3 etc and I'm getting much better performance throughout. I'll do some more testing to see if things improve.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:36 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

For those experiencing stutters, can you let us know if you're using NVIDIA Inspector to change AA and if so what the changes (you may wish to try the CRJ without them to see how it reacts)?  It would also be helpful to know what your FSX/P3D graphics settings are.

Many thanks.

Hi Dave!

Yes, I was using NVIDIA Inspector to change AA when I posted. I followed your advise and turned to default the AA settings on Inspector. Airplane is performing now without stutters, but it's noticeable a frame rate drop comparing to V1.005. How can it make such an impact in V1010 when in 1005 was performing flawless even with Nvidia Inspector Antialiasing custom settings?

Anyway, I can live with it :D

Thanks,

Adrián

On 3.9.2017 at 9:39 PM, Jaas said:

I was curious and checked myself.  I have a LVarList Text Document of 23KB....  Is this ok?

Yes, that's fine. I was looking for .txt files with "log" somewhere in the name. Constantly writing to files can cause micro-stutters and kill the framerate. But if LvarList is the largest, it's definitely not a log.

I went back and checked, and I did find that I'm getting a significant drop in fps in generally. I'm still able to maintain an average of 30fps with VSYNC On, Unlimited frames in P3DV4.

It is VERY important to note that frame rates in V4 are ENTIRELY different than how the work in prevision version of P3D or FSX. As such, locking frame rates in generally I'll advised... try what I'm using above.

I'm on the road right now, but I'll try to get back on and explain the difference in how frames work between the sims.

I have to confirm the unpleasant news. My fps went significantly down after 1.0.0.5 -> 1.0.1.0. 

I think it is important to emphasize that previous version flew like a charm!

It is now almost unflyable during take-off or approach. No big jumps, just a very very low fps (10 at most, very nauseaous).

Flying with completely normal (30+) fps with any other high-end addon aircraft (PMDG's, Aerosoft buses, Majestic Q400).

I did a clean install of CRJ. Newest drivers, newest libraries etc. - certainly not a problem on this side.

My PC specs:

Intel i5-4670, 16GB RAM, MSI Radeon R9-270X 2GB, FSX and system installed on SSD's.

I am using some standard addons (ASN, ORBX, UT2, Rex4), unfortunately I have no time to test everything without these addons.

With kind regards, Klaudius Vysouš

10 hours ago, vysous said:

I have to confirm the unpleasant news. My fps went significantly down after 1.0.0.5 -> 1.0.1.0. 

I think it is important to emphasize that previous version flew like a charm!

It is now almost unflyable during take-off or approach. No big jumps, just a very very low fps (10 at most, very nauseaous).

Flying with completely normal (30+) fps with any other high-end addon aircraft (PMDG's, Aerosoft buses, Majestic Q400).

I did a clean install of CRJ. Newest drivers, newest libraries etc. - certainly not a problem on this side.

My PC specs:

Intel i5-4670, 16GB RAM, MSI Radeon R9-270X 2GB, FSX and system installed on SSD's.

I am using some standard addons (ASN, ORBX, UT2, Rex4), unfortunately I have no time to test everything without these addons.

With kind regards, Klaudius Vysouš

I forgot to say that its FSX: SE. Cheers, K.V.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, vysous said:

But it simply must be something local on your side because there are thousands of users who do not have this effect. Before every release we do fps test on three machines (FSX / P3d V3 / P3d V4) under exactly the same conditions, somewhere over the ocean with no weather so we measure the aircraft and not other add-ons. I got 131, 151, 186 fps average on all builds (with a 5% variation). 

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But it simply must be something local on your side because there are thousands of users who do not have this effect. Before every release we do fps test on three machines (...)

Mathijs,

did you read Dave's post, just three posts above yours?

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I went back and checked, and I did find that I'm getting a significant drop in fps in generally. (...)

Archived