Issues with new build.

P3Dv4, Windows 7   i7-4790K @4 GHz  8GB 64 Bit SP1   GEForce GTX 1080ti

First flight from KMSP to KMDW.   First observation;  Frames rates were good but I had stuttering.  FPS at FL300 jumped from 21 to 115.  They are as erratic at other flight levels.  I tried different settings but no changes observed in the stuttering.  My return flight was with NGX with no stutters.

Second flight I still had the mini-stutters.  Start up and flight went well until decent and nearing final.  I was using VS for decent.  I had throttle pulled back to near idle.  Then the throttle began accelerating on its own.  I would pull it back and a short time later it would accelerate.  That continued to landing.  I was unable to get it to stop.  Exited and restarted computer.

Third flight from KSAN to KLAX.   From cold and dark I began startup and programming of FMS.  During pushback I began the start up procedure.   I hit the fuel cutoff switch and then used my mouse to move engine #2 throttle to idle.  However, it moved down and shut off.  That continued for several attempts and did the same with engine #2.

I then did an uninstall and reinstalled the plane.  No anti-virus was on and administrative rights for install.

Attempted the same flight from KSAN to KLAX.  All worked well and takeoff was accomplished.  I departed RW 9 to the south on the flight path with NAV activated.   However the plane flew straight through the first waypoint.  I used heading adjustment to get back on course.  It was a short flight.  Stuttering became very bad as I flew over LA to decent into RW 25 right.

I next flew the TFDI 717 out of LA to KSFO.   No issues with frame rates or stuttering.

So far my experience has been that the new fix created problems I never had before.    I will continue to fly and observe.  I cannot find anything wrong with my settings since two other planes seem to be stable.  

After updating to v 1.0.1 today the throttles now refuse to advance past 52.9% even with my Saitek X52 Pro throttle fully advanced and TOGA activated -- all this worked correctly in v1.005. I noticed with 1.0.1 when first loaded the throttles operate correctly, but after loading a previously-saved flight plan and configuring the plane for takeoff the throttles revert to the limited behavior described.

My system configuration is Windows 10 P3D v4. All axis, controls and button settings are set and/or calibrated through FSUIPC v5 (necessary as all my other aircraft are controlled through FSUIPC as well -- P3D Options/Controls/Other/Enable controller(s) is off).

While I'm at it, is there a way to set a throttle button to activate TOGA? (that is, can a button be tied to an existing P3D control item via FSUIPC

Please login to display this image.

, as is the case with the PMDG 737NGX?)

None of these issues were seen during testing, but I believe you've having them.

Just want to check a few things with you guys.

Did you guys uninstall the previous version, then manually remove all folders associated with the CRJ, reboot, disable computer security, have the Windows User Account Control slider set all the way down, and then run the installer "As Admin"?

Also, do you have the most recent update for the C++ Redistributable 2015 installed?  It was updated just a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Dave,

while I'm having good success with the new build, NAV does occasionally have a mind of its own, but I've only done one test with the latest build. Either way, would you happen to have a link to the latest C++ Redistributable 2015 for Win7 64 bit?

EDIT: Please disregard, I checked my sim PC and apparently mine was just updated today (I'm assuming due to the uninstall/reinstall of the CRJ?). It's version 14.0.24212.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Hi Dave,

I did uninstall the CRJ using windows uninstall function.  I did not, however, manually delete any files. I don't think I rebooted before in installed the new one.  I don't know what C++ Redistributable 2015 is or how to check if I do have it. Nor do I know where to find it.  I was completely baffled with the issues I was having.  It was like every time I loaded it up something different would blow it up.  If you can help me out with the C++Redistributable issue I will sure do what I can to figure this out.

Dave, me again.  I learned through another thread you posted on where the C++Redistributable can be found.  I have several.  I have two newer versions that have been installed recently.  One is (x64) and one is (x86).   They are versions 14.0.24215.1  (x64)   and 14.0.24212.0   (x86)   

Did you guys uninstall the previous version, then manually remove all folders associated with the CRJ, reboot, disable computer security, have the Windows User Account Control slider set all the way down, and then run the installer "As Admin"?

Well, yes and no. While I installed over the existing CRJ (there weren't instructions to the contrary), I did turn off the security system, including UAC, ran the installer at Admin, and rebooted before running the new version. I'll try uninstalling everything as suggested and report back in the morning.

10 minutes ago, mauryp34 said:

Well, yes and no. While I installed over the existing CRJ (there weren't instructions to the contrary), I did turn off the security system, including UAC, ran the installer at Admin, and rebooted before running the new version. I'll try uninstalling everything as suggested and report back in the morning.

Excellent, thanks!  I'm looking forward to hearing back from  you.

1 hour ago, kenthom said:

Dave, me again.  I learned through another thread you posted on where the C++Redistributable can be found.  I have several.  I have two newer versions that have been installed recently.  One is (x64) and one is (x86).   They are versions 14.0.24215.1  (x64)   and 14.0.24212.0   (x86)   

Hello Ken, nice to hear from you.

If you haven't done so already, would you kindly uninstall and reinstall 2015?  HERE IS THE LINK.  You can uninstall it (them) from the Windows Control Panel.  I'm asking that you do this because the software can get corrupted, and starting with a known good install is always a good idea.

For everyone:  It's very helpful to understand what the C++ Redistributables really are and how they work with our other software.  In the post below I provide a link to an excellent explanation of what the C++ Resdist software is, how it works and why there are so many different versions of it, and why we usually need all or most of them installed.  It's written so that those without a programming background can understand what this software is.  After reading this you'll have an idea of how and why another payware aircraft may be working fine under a current install while yet another may trigger issues out of a even slightly mucked up C++ version.  There is also some really good information on SimConnect (which can also become corrupted) in the post.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling the MS C++ Redistributable 2015 may not resolve your issue, but it's a terrific place to start.

• Developer
9 hours ago, mauryp34 said:

After updating to v 1.0.1 today the throttles now refuse to advance past 52.9% even with my Saitek X52 Pro throttle fully advanced and TOGA activated -- all this worked correctly in v1.005. I noticed with 1.0.1 when first loaded the throttles operate correctly, but after loading a previously-saved flight plan and configuring the plane for takeoff the throttles revert to the limited behavior described.

My system configuration is Windows 10 P3D v4. All axis, controls and button settings are set and/or calibrated through FSUIPC v5 (necessary as all my other aircraft are controlled through FSUIPC as well -- P3D Options/Controls/Other/Enable controller(s) is off).

While I'm at it, is there a way to set a throttle button to activate TOGA? (that is, can a button be tied to an existing P3D control item via FSUIPC

Please login to display this image.

, as is the case with the PMDG 737NGX?)

With the new install the throttle control settings in the load manager were reset. You need to check them again.

For your reference: the CRJ does not need FSUIPc, but I use it too to have the ability for settings things different in profiles. So I have one for the B737 and another for the CRJ. That allows the required direct control without any calibration for the CRJ, while you may like it on the B737. Further you may assign buttons differently.

TOGA on the CRJ is done by throttles moved to TOGA dent. If I'm not mistaken the black bottom on the side of throttle handle is an AP off button on the CRJ. 

Sorry, Alexander, my quote was too long, so my post became ambiguous. it's corrected now.

The buttons set the F/D into TOGA mode. Since the go-around has to be performed manually, the A/P now disengages. But it is not meant to be an A/P disengage button for any stage of the flight, because it will always engage the F/D TOGA mode - which most of the time is not what you want.

If you just wanted to fly manually, you'd use the instinctive A/P disconnect button (the one on your yoke) instead.

11 hours ago, mauryp34 said:

(...) While I'm at it, is there a way to set a throttle button to activate TOGA? (that is, can a button be tied to an existing P3D control item via FSUIPC, as is the case with the PMDG 737NGX?)

Not sure about P3D and a registered FSUIPC, but in FSX-SE I simply tied the default TOGA key command to a button on my CH Throttle Quadrant via the sim's native settings. Works a treat!

• Developer

Since the CRJ does not have an autothrottle, it does not know an automatic TO or GA mode. Therefore no button to activate it.

For TO you can arm HDG, SPD or VS and the FD will give you guidance once you are airborne.

Dave, 

I am happy to report that after uninstalling, reboot, reinstall, clearing out P3D shakers and cfg I have a much better product.   I flew a short flight from KLAS to KLAX with AS weather.  It is a very taxing area as you know.  Performance was much better although I did get some stutters over the LA area which is always covered in smog.   

The plane strayed off the NAV course and had to be corrected.  I was given a different RW which required putting in the Route and choosing the new RW.  It gave me a couple short Airways to line me up on the proper course to the RW.  However while making the turn to line up on the course both airways disappeared.  APPR captured the route.  

I tried to find the Simmconnect files in the Prepar3D Program Folder and was unable to find them per the Airbus forum link you provided.

Thanks for all your help.

2 minutes ago, kenthom said:

Dave, 

I am happy to report that after uninstalling, reboot, reinstall, clearing out P3D shakers and cfg I have a much better product.   I flew a short flight from KLAS to KLAX with AS weather.  It is a very taxing area as you know.  Performance was much better although I did get some stutters over the LA area which is always covered in smog.   

The plane strayed off the NAV course and had to be corrected.  I was given a different RW which required putting in the Route and choosing the new RW.  It gave me a couple short Airways to line me up on the proper course to the RW.  However while making the turn to line up on the course both airways disappeared.  APPR captured the route.  

I tried to find the Simmconnect files in the Prepar3D Program Folder and was unable to find them per the Airbus forum link you provided.

Thanks for all your help.

Ken,

I'm very happy to hear that things are going better for you!  Just excellent news!

So I'm wondering why you don't seem to have the SimConnect files in your main P3D folder - that's something you'll need to get resolved.  The Redist folder and associated legacy versions of SimConnect are a normal part of the Prepar3d install.  Are you missing the Redist folder itself, or is it empty?  If you have the folder there us anything in it, would you please take a screen shot?

Best wishes!

45 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ken,

I'm very happy to hear that things are going better for you!  Just excellent news!

So I'm wondering why you don't seem to have the SimConnect files in your main P3D folder - that's something you'll need to get resolved.  The Redist folder and associated legacy versions of SimConnect are a normal part of the Prepar3d install.  Are you missing the Redist folder itself, or is it empty?  If you have the folder there us anything in it, would you please take a screen shot?

Best wishes!

I found them Dave.  I don't know how I overlooked the Redist folder but I did.  By the way, even the yoke disappeared!   Anxious to fly is some easier areas and see how it goes.  I hate getting my hopes up because, as I stated before, every new load of the plane seems to be an adventure.  LOL  

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Excellent, thanks!  I'm looking forward to hearing back from  you.

Throttles are now working full range. Note though that after following full uninstall/reinstall procedure as advised in above posts (including reinstalling 2015 version C++) : The throttles still wouldn't advance past 52%  So following another post's suggestion above I used the CRJ Manager to reset Options - throttles to the same "FSUIPC without reverser range" setting I had before -- and it worked.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

I still have the problem with the yoke.

Sometimes the green line saying "Engines shutting down" after choosing the Cold and Dark-Setting doesn't disappear.

Sometimes I can't turn on the ignition. That's very annoying.

Once a ctd when deleting a discontinuity in the fmc.

For me, they are the same problems as with the last version.

For me, the best version so far is the last but one version (1.0.0.4).

I haven't exchanged the C++2015 as I'm not sure about the version that I downloaded. It is 14.11.25325.0. Is that an old one?

Unfortunately, the link that Dave provided seems to have expired.

A suggestion: When the CRJ is loaded in FSX, it immediately fires up the engines and then starts moving. So if you don't pay attention, it taxis right into the airport building. This is annoying. How about loading it into another default setting, or at least have the brakes on.

Thanks

Chris (FSX, i7-2770K, 4.2 Ghz)

16 minutes ago, Christoph4445 said:

(...) A suggestion: When the CRJ is loaded in FSX, it immediately fires up the engines and then starts moving. So if you don't pay attention, it taxis right into the airport building. This is annoying. How about loading it into another default setting, or at least have the brakes on.

Thanks

Chris (FSX, i7-2770K, 4.2 Ghz)

From what I've seen so far in FSX-SE, loading the CRJ doesn't change your parking brake setting. So as long as you set the parking brake in your trike (or whatever your default startup plane is), and load the CRJ after that, the parking brake should remain set.

Archived