Rudder

shez

I am having trouble keeping the CRJ on the center-line on takeoff and especially landing. The rudder goes dead above I think 40kias so how to keep this baby from moving on to the grass as it does not turn on the ground on the roll out/takeoff roll above 40kias. The nosewheel is also not very responsive at that speed as designed...

Shez

28 minutes ago, metzgergva said:

Check if you have activated nose wheel steering. Switch on the left captain side panel.

Yes it is active but by design it loses function as speed increases. The takeoff I can manage but the landing is very challenging when slowing down especially if it is a landing not on the centerline tracking straight. It is very difficult to yaw the aircraft back as rudder is not working.

On a related point is the rudder working in the air? I don't see it moving.

Shez

21 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

v1.0.1 is available now and includes updated flight dynamics by Alexander. Please give it a try and let us know if it fixes the problem.

Hi Hans,

Maybe it is my joystick setup which is the problem but it has the twist control assigned to the steering tiller. I have the steering axis box un-ticked in the CRJ manager. What I see is the rudder and the nose wheel operate in conjunction on the ground up to 40kts. The rudder then stops working, even in the air there is no rudder movement. This is with and without the auto-rudder function in P3D. So what happens it is that on the takeoff and landing roll beyond 40kts there is no lateral control.

Shez

• Developer

You cannot have rudder and steering tiller on the same axis. 

If you only have the twisting on your stick as rudder input, than that needs to be rudder axis. That should give you steering on ground too.

Archived