HSI Course Needle Deflection - P3dv4 Twin Otter

jotayhen

I can't seem to get the HSI course needle to deflect right or left when I tune a VOR on my NAV 1 radio using the default Garmin 530.  Here's the situation:

I'm within 50 miles of the VOR at AYPY, tune 117.00 Mhz on the NAV 1 in the Garmin 530, make sure the CDI is set to VLOC.  The HSI's to/from triangle appears and will alternate properly as I rotate the HSI course dial but the course needle will not deviate nor will the "NAV" flag disappear..  If I tune the NAV 2 radio to the identical VOR the NAV 2 gauge's course needle will correctly deviate. What am I not doing?  Anybody else having this issue? Any assistance and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Simulator is P3dv4, Win 10 - 64 bit.

Thanks!

John

Thanks Mathijs.  I found the problem and I created the difficulty.  I purchased the P3dv4 compatible version of the F1 GTN 750 and attempted to configure the AS Twin Otter with a 2D window containing the new GTN 750 using F1's "GTN 750 configurator" tool.  These actions inserted a number of GTN 750 oriented file entries into the appropriate files and folders of the AS Twin Otter installation package together with F1GTN.ini files.  Bottom line:  The F1 configuration routine failed and I was unsuccessful in creating the 2D panel and therefore could not use the F1 GTN 750 with the AS Twin Otter.  In the process, I ruined the established communication between the default Garmin 530 and the HSI.  I also was not able to "unconfigure" the GTN 750 once I had taken the above steps.  I fixed the problem by uninstalling / re-installing the AS Twin Otter.  I appreciate your response.  

John  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing your fix, John. Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived