Airbus view panel not working when clicked?!

dgeddes

I've just started having a small problem with the view panel for the cockpit of the Airbus A320/21. Whenever I click on the view for the left MCDU, nothing happens. This is really weird, it has just started happening. All the other views along the panel bar work fine, it is just this one view that is not responding when I click on it. It has become a bit of a pain because I have had to start using the ECAM view to get to the best view of the MCDU. The problem started after I installed the EzDok camera and then I uninstalled it again because I didn't like it. And don't worry I clicked on 'Revert aircraft CFG's before I uninstalled it. So I definitely uninstalled it correctly. Any idea what could be the problem with the view panel bar here? To me it seems just like a bug of some sort, because its really weird to have just one view on the Airbus view panel that won't switch when I click on it.

I am really dreading having to perform a complete uninstall, so any help on this bug would be appreciated!

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, dgeddes said:

To me it seems just like a bug of some sort,

A bug is something that is inherent in a product. As you wrote yourself your problem started with installing another add-on. The fact that the problem still exists after uninstalling that add-on only says, that the uninstall process didn't do a good job. If it would be a bug it would have been there already before you installed the other add-on in the first place. Just to have the wording correct here.

I have no idea what the other add-on might have messed up in your installation. The easiest and fasted way to get your Airbus and the view system running again, is to simply reinstall the airbus. Please do it by following these instructions:

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

A bug is something that is inherent in a product. As you wrote yourself your problem started with installing another add-on. The fact that the problem still exists after uninstalling that add-on only says, that the uninstall process didn't do a good job. If it would be a bug it would have been there already before you installed the other add-on in the first place. Just to have the wording correct here.

I have no idea what the other add-on might have messed up in your installation. The easiest and fasted way to get your Airbus and the view system running again, is to simply reinstall the airbus. Please do it by following these instructions:

Thanks Tom. I have read the page on the re-installation process. But I don't understand what it means by backing up my liveries. How do I do this? When I look in the livery manager, it appears that I have to back up every single livery one by one? What is the best way that you would go about doing this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

How many additional liveries do you have installed? To play safe I would suggest to simply install them freshly again after re-installing the Airbus.

I think I have about 4 additional liveries installed. What I am actually wondering is exactly how Mathijs is backing up all the liveries at once? There must be a way of doing it because he says you can use the livery manager to back them up.

Also, will the reinstall reset all info in the Recorder Manager? Or is there there a way of backing up and restoring the info stored in the AS Recorder Manager? I just have hundreds of flight info there that would be lost.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can't tell you about the recorder manager, as I have never used it.

In regard to the liveries just backup all "Aerosoft Airbus" folders below this folder:

• Sim Base Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\

Archived