Strange runway lights at EDDF (P3D v4)

daschla

Hello everybody,

I wonder if it's normal that the runway lights at EDDF are so bright and not very sharp. In addition, they seem to be kind of 2D images so that they look flat from the side (see picture 1). I don't have this problem at other airports (neither payware nor default airports):

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Developer

Please check this replacemet, it is maybe not so bright:

The rest is as designed. The default airports and some addons use the runwaylights generated by the Afcad. This lights are halos, but they can not be configured in position related to real condition, specialy the approach lights, they fly over the ground. 

Lightdots, as in FS9 or FSX (based on FS2002) SDK are not anymore available.

Effects, would be possible, but the you could only look but not fly, because the performance impact by 1000end of effects. And, they are doublesided, so not usable for lamps with different colors on both sides.

And, runwaylights are mostly directed, so you dont see them from the side, so they looks "flat" more or less.

When LM will add a full configurable runwaylight code into P3D, we will use it.

vor 1 minute, OPabst sagte:

Please check this replacemet, it is maybe not so bright:

The rest is as designed. The default airports and some addons use the runwaylights generated by the Afcad. This lights are halos, but they can not be configured in position related to real condition, specialy the approach lights, they fly over the ground. 

Lightdots, as in FS9 or FSX (based on FS2002) SDK are not anymore available.

Effects, would be possible, but the you could only look but not fly, because the performance impact by 1000end of effects. And, they are doublesided, so not usable for lamps with different colors on both sides.

And, runwaylights are mostly directed, so you dont see them from the side, so they looks "flat" more or less.

When LM will add a full configurable runwaylight code into P3D, we will use it.

Hello Oliver,

Thank you so much for your help and support. I already use your patch for the green dot lights but your explanation helped me to understand the technical issues with the runway lights. Let's hope that LM will add one day a full configurable runwaylight code into P3D.

Kind regards and have a great evening,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived