P3D v4 - Product Installation Location - Nuuk and Thessaloniki

James Long

Hi there,

I've had a search through on the forum for this but can't find anything posted so thought I would ask.

I am currently just reinstalling my scenery into my new install of P3D v4 and I'm noticing with the Nuuk and Thessaloniki scenery that it is not giving me the choice of where to install the add ons - it's just putting them into the P3D add-ons directory in My Documents on my C: drive. I install all my scenery and P3D on a separate drive so I was wondering how I can do this with these sceneries? I'm happy to move the folders now they're installed too although I don't want to break anything linking them to the current directory. I have had the options to install other products outside this folder with other sceneries and aircraft but the box to select the folder was greyed out for these. I'm currently going through my Aerosoft sceneries and want to make sure what to do before I do anymore.

Many thanks

James

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, that's at the moment the understanding of FSDG of where to put add-ons in P3Dv4. 

But it is already discussed and their forums (like for example here: http://forum.flightsimdevelopmentgroup.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2434) so they might change that in the future.

Ah thank you Tom, that's appreciated. I can see they have a manual method too for where to put the scenery after it's installed. I'll give it a go. Seems like they may have misunderstood the install location for add ons.

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

This is in the hands of FSDG who are the developers of these sceneries. 

In their forums (follow above link) you will find instructions on how to move the sceneries after installation. 

Archived