Keyboard Input

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem with my FMC keyboard input. If I press CTRL + Shift + 1 the keyboard input is available as it should be but if I type a letter into the FMC, which is also assigned to a specific 

action in P3D, for example "s" for the view change, it changes my view instead of writing "s" into the FMC. Is there any way to disable those keys when the keyboard input is active? 

Thanks in advance. :)

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, swaor said:

I have the same problem with the A320 series so I think it has something to do with my simulator...

We have had those reports many many times, hundreds of times, but when we asked people to send in logfiles it always showed they simply did not change modes. It's an easy mistake to make.

• Aerosoft
42 minutes ago, Lennart1948 said:

I have the problem when typing in Number 5

With respect. nearly impossible. 

The way input is used is a binary switch. Either to the FMS or to the sim. If your number 5 key behaves differently it can only be because there is an extremely weird keyboard driver that somehow interacts with the sim and adds a 'switch input target' before and after the [5]. Needless to say we have not seen any other user with this issue.

Its not that big of a problem. But its still a bit annoying to have to type the route manually into the FMC. Especially if it is a long route.

• Aerosoft

But are you 101% sure you are simply not in the incorrect mode? I mean from a code point of view it is simply impossible and we got many many tens of thousands of customers who do NOT have this issue. There is also no possible setting in the sim that could mess this up.

I tried it twice after you told me to check if im in the right mode. In both cases the keyboard input send the input to the FMC but in the same time it triggered the P3D shortcuts. So if I´d enter "S", it puts "S" in the FMC but also switch my view and end the keyboard input.

Archived