[P3Dv4] Some issues with Mega Airport Rome v1.4

Er!k

17 minutes ago, mopperle said:

TBH, Never heard of something like that being necessary. And I'm sure that other addons, like flighplanners relying on the AFCAD will get serious problems.

That is my concern as well (I already mentioned RAAS, but maybe other tools as well)...

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 24.8.2017 at 15:55, MK-Studios sagte:

Regarding afcad:

1) Runways are doubled because every of them need one fake runway with invisible option to have the lights (this is to use core P3D lights with better visibility).

Vor 1 Stunde, mopperle sagte:

TBH, Never heard of something like that being necessary. And I'm sure that other addons, like flighplanners relying on the AFCAD will get serious problems.

Vor 1 Stunde, Er!k sagte:

That is my concern as well (I already mentioned RAAS, but maybe other tools as well)...

In the AFCAD the stock runway (transparent) contains the Approach Lights and the custom runway the PAPI's. Why the separation? Just set all lights in one runway.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 9:57 PM, sticky1202 said:

Has the AFCAD issue with the duplicate runways been addressed or resolved? It seems ADE doesn't like it, and therefore will not compile the file after editing it. Thanks for any information!

Jim

You are using ADE v1.75 ?

• 4 weeks later...

P3D4.1 is installed and the lights are still wrong-side-up and the tarmac is dark until you switch outside view and pan then the whole airport lights up like an ice-cream cake ...

[MegaRomev1.04 is installed]

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 25.10.2017 at 9:19 PM, Terblanche said:

P3D4.1 is installed and the lights are still wrong-side-up and the tarmac is dark until you switch outside view and pan then the whole airport lights up like an ice-cream cake ...

[MegaRomev1.04 is installed]

Hi, I have no light issues with P3Dv4.1. Have you updated Client, Content and Scenery?

Next time don't highjeck topics, please. The orignal Problem had to do with AFCAD.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 23.8.2017 at 9:05 PM, Er!k said:

Hello Aerosoft,

Today did a test run to the new LIRF airport in P3Dv4 and noticed a couple of things:

- I was landing on RWY 34R; no PAPI lights visible

- I was guided to gate 506; no SODE support for that gate

- Also VGDS was not working

AFCAD:

- Runways are double in the AFCAD (so twice 07/25, 16L/43R and 16R/34L)

- All spots defined as type RAMP GA, instead of GATE for the gates

Can you please look into this?

On 24.8.2017 at 4:01 PM, Er!k said:

Thanks Mateusz. I also updated the AFCAD already for my personal use (all issues listed above, and gate assignments/sizes as well). Maybe this can be of help ;)

LIRF_AF.zip

Hello @Er!k,

I edited your AFCAD. Now only one set of runways. Please test it.

I compiled it with SDK P3Dv4.1

LIRF_AF.bgl

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 23.8.2017 at 9:05 PM, Er!k said:

Hello Aerosoft,

Today did a test run to the new LIRF airport in P3Dv4 and noticed a couple of things:

- I was landing on RWY 34R; no PAPI lights visible

- I was guided to gate 506; no SODE support for that gate

- Also VGDS was not working

AFCAD:

- Runways are double in the AFCAD (so twice 07/25, 16L/43R and 16R/34L)

- All spots defined as type RAMP GA, instead of GATE for the gates

Can you please look into this?

On 24.8.2017 at 3:55 PM, MK-Studios said:

Hello,

I'll check PAPI lights issue.

Not all jetways are supported by SODE - but you know that already. ;) 

VGDS is not made by us, we have to wait for answer from Olivier Pabst about this.

Regarding afcad:

1) Runways are doubled because every of them need one fake runway with invisible option to have the lights (this is to use core P3D lights with better visibility). 

2) Will check for spots and fix this.

3) Tower and altitude settings weren't modified in this update. I'll check that.

Spot light effect should work fine after HF1, as told above. That's strange you have this problem, maybe full P3D installation is recommended. 

Regards,

Mateusz

Hello @OPabst,

can you please take a look at the VGDS at LIRF, please? Or have you done it already?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, masterhawk said:

Hi, I have no light issues with P3Dv4.1. Have you updated Client, Content and Scenery?

Yip, I've done it and then out of frustration did a clean install of P3D4.1 earlier this week and last night I did a flight from ENGM to LIRF and hold and behold even at ENGM some lights are shining up in the air. I have no idea what caused this anomaly ........ and LIRF was exactly the same story - the airport's lights shine up in the air. Funny enough I had the issue with LIMJ as well but that's fixed with P3D4.1

Archived