Power Lever response in P3D V4 very slow?

CF104

Hello All,

Let me preface my question with the comment that I have never used Bronco X in any version of P3D other than V4.

I have been flying the Bronco for a few days now and have a possible issue with Power Lever-Torque response. First issue is time to get to max torque from Flight Idle is 6 seconds and the inverse is the same from max torque to flight idle. Second issue is that I have no torque indication at max reverse. In general the Power Lever response is very slow. This is with the Condition Levers in TO/LAND and I have my hardware prop pitch control disabled in FSUIPC.

I have uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled with the same issue. 

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,

John

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That's how that turbine works.... you need to anticipate a lot.

Okay?!  This doesn't explain the lack of reverse thrust torque indication.

A bit of background on my maintenance experience with fixed shaft turboprop engines. My main experience is with the Allison T56/D501 as installed on the C-130/L-100 and I also have experience on the TPE331 which the T76 is the military designation. Both of these turboprop engines have amazingly fast power lever response which is a major design characteristic of this type of powerplant over a free turbine engine like the PT6. The T56 can go from FI torque to max torque in 1 second and the TPE331 in 1.5 seconds with torque following the power lever in a very linear fashion. There is essentially no power lever/torque lag. 

What I see in the sim is a turboprop that has similar response characteristics to the PT6 if not worse. Not to say that the Bronco X is a bad sim as it's systems modeling and flying characteristics are rather nice but the engine modeling is a miss for me.

Cheers,

John

Archived