FMS Airport Not Found

I was planning to do a flight from ENSH in Norway to ENVA. When I am on the ground at ENSH and loading the FMS, I get a Not Found error when I try to enter the airport on the Pos Int page. I took a look at the nav data .txt files and ENSH is in there. So I am not sure what the issue is. ENSH is not in the NavDataPro app for charts.

I feel like I am missing something perhaps you can help. 

• Developer

The runway at ENSH is too short (3100 ft) for CRJ in reference to default setting of minimum 4000 ft. You can alter the minimum runway length to make it show, but be aware of required runway length for take off at your weight.

You could probably land successfully on a 3100 foot runway in an emergency  but it's doubtful you could take off from a runway that short unless the aircraft was completely empty with minimum fuel.

5 hours ago, metzgergva said:

The runway at ENSH is too short (3100 ft) for CRJ in reference to default setting of minimum 4000 ft. You can alter the minimum runway length to make it show, but be aware of required runway length for take off at your weight.

Thank you for the suggestion, but that still doesn't allow me to enter it in the FMS. 

5 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

You could probably land successfully on a 3100 foot runway in an emergency  but it's doubtful you could take off from a runway that short unless the aircraft was completely empty with minimum fuel.

This is true, but isn't this also what flight sim is for? Flying the tough situations that probably wouldn't be possible in real life? I can get off the runway with a decent load and landing is just fine, now whether is this all within standards of TO runway required and LDG runway required, I am not sure. 

For what it is worth, still can't enter the airport in the POS INT page, I tryed entering it in the FPLN page and the EXEC text appears but no letters show in the DEP area LSK 1L.

That airport would not be found in the NAV database of a real CRJ, so it is not emulated in the sim version. They're trying to make it as realistic as possible within the limits of a mid-priced simulation. Even so, there some things that would not work in the real aircraft that DO work in the sim - like being able to move flight controls without hydraulics - but that may be fixed in a future update.

There is nothing to stop you from spawning at that airport and taking off from it, and if you want to fly there from somewhere else, you can always do it the "old fashioned way", by navigating VOR to VOR without the FMS.

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

That airport would not be found in the NAV database of a real CRJ, so it is not emulated in the sim version. They're trying to make it as realistic as possible within the limits of a mid-priced simulation. Even so, there some things that would not work in the real aircraft that DO work in the sim - like being able to move flight controls without hydraulics - but that may be fixed in a future update.

There is nothing to stop you from spawning at that airport and taking off from it, and if you want to fly there from somewhere else, you can always do it the "old fashioned way", by navigating VOR to VOR without the FMS.

Yeah, I understand this. I am more curious about why it is showing up in the nav database but not in the FMS. And is there anything I can do to adjust that? 

For example, VHHX isn't in any database but I have been able to add it to the PMDG 747 database. Can I add ENSH to the CRJ database?

2 hours ago, mr.ocjr said:

Yeah, I understand this. I am more curious about why it is showing up in the nav database but not in the FMS. And is there anything I can do to adjust that? 

For example, VHHX isn't in any database but I have been able to add it to the PMDG 747 database. Can I add ENSH to the CRJ database?

I'm not sure if the lack of airports with runways less than 4000 feet is due to the fact they are not in the actual DB itself, or due to a coded limit in the FMS programming.

Archived