Bush Hawk in P3Dv4?

RobM

Has anyone tried installing the Bush Hawk into P3Dv4?I was wondering if anyone had already tried before I went ahead and tried myself.

I'm not certain if the installer will even allow being directed at P3Dv4 much less the plane even working even if it does get installed.

I coudn't see any obvious .dll files, everything seems to be .xml files, which is at least a start.

I'm hoping it's possible, even if there are a few limitations.  After even just a few flights in P3Dv4, there's no going back to FSX for me.

The Bush Hawk is one of my favourite bush planes, and I would hate to lose it.

Thanks - Bob

That's great news, thanks loads! And the Wilga too, I was wondering about that one. But the Bush Hawk is at the top.

Thanks again! - Bob

Just an update: I ported  the Bush Hawk over to P3Dv4 (copied and pasted all the pieces over to an xml file), and success! Well, sort of...

If I select the Bush Hawk directly from the vehicle library, it loads cold and dark, and nothing I do will start it. The engine turns over, but the

propeller doesn't turn. In fact the whole plane starts to slowly tilt to the right on the ground. It's almost as if the propeller was stuck. And as

regular as clockwork, about every 20 seconds, the End Scenario screen pops up. I push resume, and things continue on the same way until

the End Scenario screen pops up again.

But if I load another plane first and then then select the Bush Hawk, it loads just fine. Everything is working and ready to go. I can even turn

everything off down to cold and dark and re-start again no problem.

I don't know enough to figure out why the Bush Hawk loads this way if I select it directly.

It's possible I didn't copy over all the pieces. Outside the Bush Hawk's SimObject files, I couldn't see any external gauge files. I found 7 files

in the FSX Effects folder and 15 files in the FSX Sound folder. Did I maybe miss some?

So success, as long as I load another plane first.  There`s still the usual no switch click sound in the vc, but that seems fairly common for

FSX port overs.

But maybe Mathis will get the Bush Hawk sorted out in due time with a proper installer for P3Dv4.

Just fyi.

- Bob 

Problem with loading the Bush Hawk directly mentioned above now solved: it was on my side, a default plane-airport problem. Once

I changed the default airplane I was using back to the original default F35, the problem of loading directly was solved, not only for

the Bush Hawk, but for a couple of other ported planes as well. FSX planes ported to P3Dv4 seem to be really sensitive to the default 

load aircraft used,

Anyway, it looks like Mathis may be right, the Bush Hawk should be just a straight port to P3Dv4.

- Bob

Archived