Impossible To Follow the route

1 hour ago, vali said:

With the new update, will the CRJ be able to follow properly the STAR arrivals?

For example this evening, my CRJ 900 on the EPGD STAR arrival RATO2T did a nice 360 degrees turn in NAV mode (till GD907 was with HDG mode and then NAV mode) and this was not nice to be seen on Vatsim by the controller, neither by me.

It should, yes.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well

On 11/9/2017 at 10:00 AM, e190attcs said:

FYI: Its the end of next week and still no update, but this is what I've come to expect from Aerosoft.

Nov 11 and still nothing. I should have know better than to get excited. Maybe they should have said end of the month, LOL

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It should, yes.

That's not a reassuring answer. Either it will or it won't follow a published star. Saying it should is like saying the engines should start when you engage the start switch. 

32 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

That's not a reassuring answer. Either it will or it won't follow a published star. Saying it should is like saying the engines should start when you engage the start switch. 

If you have been following the thread, then you know some people have this issue and a lot don't.  I've never had it, and neither has Hans or any other member of the Beta Team.  So the only accurate and honest answer we can give you is that it SHOULD resolve it.  You understand my answer now?  Makes sense, right?  So you came in hammering away at my answer, why?

20 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If you have been following the thread, then you know some people have this issue and a lot don't.  I've never had it, and neither has Hans or any other member of the Beta Team.  So the only accurate and honest answer we can give you is that it SHOULD resolve it.  You understand my answer now?  Makes sense, right?  So you came in hammering away at my answer, why?

To be honest it's almost impossible to track what has been said, what is working, and what is broke. I don't come here very often because nothing has changed since the last update back in August. So following a thread these days is pretty much useless. Sort of like the update mention on Nov 4 being released in a week. So yes I went directly to the end of a 6 page topic and saw your "it should" comment. Just like an update SHOULD be coming. 

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

To be honest it's almost impossible to track what has been said, what is working, and what is broke. I don't come here very often because nothing has changed since the last update back in August. So following a thread these days is pretty much useless. Sort of like the update mention on Nov 4 being released in a week. So yes I went directly to the end of a 6 page topic and saw your "it should" comment. Just like an update SHOULD be coming. 

Yeah, I understand your frustration, and certainly won't deny you that.  Believe me, Hans and Mathijs know that people are dying to get the update and would have liked to have it this weekend.  If it had completed installer testing I'm certain they would have done everything to get it out by last Friday.

In the meantime, we're told that the Direct To function is a work around for the route following issue, so you should be able to at least enjoy a flight in the aircraft until the release is out.

Best wishes.

For me, the most annoying part of this whole ordeal is that I have to track threads (plural) to find out what the latest is. Once the problem's been acknowledged, why not pin a locked status thread somewhere (as an addition, I don't think barring people from commenting the issue is a good idea either)? I don't care about the accusations, the excuses or the cries for heads to roll, I just want to know when I can fly it.

9 hours ago, Meese said:

For me, the most annoying part of this whole ordeal is that I have to track threads (plural) to find out what the latest is. Once the problem's been acknowledged, why not pin a locked status thread somewhere (as an addition, I don't think barring people from commenting the issue is a good idea either)? I don't care about the accusations, the excuses or the cries for heads to roll, I just want to know when I can fly it.

Indeed.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, Wise87 said:

Well

Nov 11 and still nothing. I should have know better than to get excited. Maybe they should have said end of the month, LOL

Nov 14th and still nothing...........

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, wezhei said:

It would be nice, and also a clear sign of a developed business partnership (between the dev. and us) to get at least a statement about what's going on

Hans has answered to this in other topics after the 1.0.2 was released. This happens if users open new topics instead of simply following up existing ones. Information is getting spread over several topics...

8 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

This happens if users open new topics instead of simply following up existing ones. Information is getting spread over several topics...

This happens when there are no pinned info topics that are updated reliably! Is the pin function banned on these forums or something? I simply cannot fathom how this still is missing.

Not even the 1.0.2 pin is up yet. Does the staff thorougly enjoy reposts, perhaps?

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, Meese said:

Not even the 1.0.2 pin is up yet. Does the staff thorougly enjoy reposts, perhaps?

This has nothing to do with the existence or pin-status of a release topic or not. I replied to a comment demanding a comment from the developer regarding still existing LNAV problems in the 1.0.2 release in THIS topic. Hans has given such a comment to this, but in another topic.

Everyone in here is well aware of the existence of the 1.0.2 release, right? So how are still existing LNAV problems in the 1.0.2 release connected to a not pinned "1.0.2 released" topic? Sorry, this is beyond me, as it is beyond me why you try to make a case out of that. 

The original problem was that information was given into another topic dealing with the same problem as this topic. I provided a link to that topic and therefore the original comment has been answered.

You're missing the point, though I'm not sure how. The point is, we have to scramble through multiple threads to track info on a (set of) known problem(s), instead of visiting one pinned (and, at your discretion, locked) topic where Hans or anyone else can provide what detail the team wants to share at any given point. Even if some users prefer to read everythin on here instead of easy information, why can't those of us who just want a status update once a day/week/fortnight have a regular place to check instead of using 10 minutes to read incoherent discussions? No change = no change, and we're set.

For your second paragraph, the only link between the 1.0.2 update and this is that the same lack of pinned information exists regarding the latest update as it does the known issues that make this addon unflyable for some of your customers which are being discussed (not exclusively, which is the point here, mind). I made a thread in the General section on just this subject, and even Mathijs responded admitting that such a pinned post should've been created. Note that the only pinned update thread on there is still the old update, not the current one, days later.

This is a forum, sometimes known as a board. As in bulletin board, pinboard, or noticeboard. As in the big square on the wall made of wood and cork with pinned notes on them. I don't want to search through the unsorted heap of notes and scrabbles on the floor beneath the board, I want to glance at the board for the information the owner of the board pins there, and then be on my way. Please.

Please tell me the point came across this time. Else I swear I'll go out and buy a camcorder and decent microphone and make a very passive agressive informational video and post it on youtube and link it everywhere I see fit. (For those with the ability to suspend forum accounts: This is humor. For those who are not: Serious threat).

• Developer

I support Meese's idea. I will create such a thread (pinned, locked, and only I will post in there) but give me a few days. We're in the final stages of testing for a new version that will finally fix most of the LNAV issues and I spend (almost) all the time between getting up and going to sleep on the CRJ.

Archived