Impossible To Follow the route

11 hours ago, e190attcs said:

a business trip is not going to be a sufficient answer.

My friend,

I understand that perceptions are that there are full time developers working in the flight sim addon world, but the reality is there aren't very many of them. I know of less than six flight sim addon developers (the ones the actually write the code) who are full time, and this goes for some of the biggest titles in our community.  For developers to produce the level of work we are accustomed to on a full time basis third party addon aircraft would cost about $500 to $600 if not more - and that is no exaggeration. This is how it is in flight sim, and since it keeps our prices low its not a bad thing.

That said, Hans has been working on the CRJ even while he has been away, though he can't work as productively as he could at home, and he is not able to compile a new download until he is home.

That is an honest answer, and in other posts I've shown where other aircraft addons have gone through the same post release issues as the CRJ. Digital Aviation (who produces the CRJ, not Aerosoft) and those of us at Aerosoft have remained committed to resolving issues our customers have had. We appreciate your patience, understanding and civility.

Best wishes.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, e190attcs said:

When you sell a product for as much as did, a business trip is not going to be a sufficient answer. I personally could care less what other people think here.  You pushed out a broken product and I personally think this is BS.  How can I get a refund on this 6+ year epic failure?

Couldn't of said it better. If he really wanted to make this right, he should refund the people who have spent their $50 for a broken product. (Or make it freeware). Then I feel like my $50 didn't go and fund his vacations. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, DylanCast said:

Then I feel like my $50 didn't go and fund his vacations.

Your $50 (and some others) funded 7 years of development! 

I can't believe some people sarcasm here towards developers.

1st I'm enjoying the CRJ7 have not tried the 9 yet it does have issues as far as LNAV specially when you enter a STAR seems it breaks the LNAV.

What I've done is go to FMS and click DIR/TO nwp and it seems to correct itself.

Also have not been able to follow the LOC/GS but since I like doing things as real as it gets I fly manually the approach.

With all that said and people complaining this aircraft and comparing to PMDG, remember this PMDG is 3 times the price and you have to pay for a new license when moving from FSX to P3D.

PS: Where can you go on a vacation for $50 gee that's just to fill the gas tank up.

On 27.10.2017 at 21:35, Tom A320 sagte:

Your $50 (and some others) funded 7 years of development! 

I am not here to fund anything.

I exchanged 50 Euros for a working product. And clearly one party has not delivered. And as Aerosoft has recieved my 50 Euros it is not me!

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Mad_X said:

I am not here to fund anything.

And nobody said so. My reply (which you quoted) was an answer to a ridiculous not well thought through statement before. 

6 minutes ago, ajpongress said:

What's Aerosoft's official stance on this? Selling a product that hasn't been working for over 2 months now without a definitive time frame made available to the customers?

The lack of official response seems to indicate Aerosoft is okay with this situation.

I can tell you as a customer who paid for this, I'm not okay with it. My patience is gone at this point. This does not reflect well on Aerosoft or the developer. Not trying to bash either party, just sharing my legitimate concerns as a customer.

Gotta agree 100%. I get that bugs are inevitable. I get that a v1.0 release will not be perfect. But I've been waiting 3 months to fly an aircraft  I paid good money for and quite frankly it's frustrating.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, ajpongress said:

Selling a product that hasn't been working for over 2 months now without a definitive time frame made available to the customers?

The lack of official response seems to indicate Aerosoft is okay with this situation.

You might not want to forget that Hans threw out tons of fixes the first days/weeks after release. I am pretty sure that you will be able to understand that such a high frequency can't be maintained for ever.

In regard to your statement that there wasn't any time frame given for the last 2 month to get this problem solved, I would kindly like to ask you just to read a few posts up. For me two weeks are not the same as two months. But that's maybe just me...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have insight into the entire fix list. Hans just told me earlier that he will provide a new set of files early next week to Aerosoft to build the installer around and do some final tests. 

I never understood when they keep saying "thousands of others haven't had these issues or don't have problems" as if it makes the problems we face invalid.  I highly doubt there are thousands of people who have explicitly stated they haven't had any issues, not everyone who has a problem reports it, not everyone uses support forums, and some may not even care or notice that there are problems. It doesn't make sense to lump people in who haven't reported problems in with people who haven't had problems at all. I want this product to succeed as much as everyone else and I look forward to the next update, but at this rate it's getting difficult to stay interested. 

vor 9 Stunden , dbednar sagte:

Does anyone know if this update will fix the LNAV problems?

I thought the LNAV issue is the one which has driven Hans and other developers to work and finally release an updated version; or am I wrong?

Heinz

• Developer

Making the aircraft properly follow the flightplan, without flying Esses, is the main part of this update. It's also main part of the reason why it took so long. In the end, Testing under various conditions takes time - a lot! Sometimes it's a full evening of flights just to find out that there's yet another issue that wasn't covered. I assume that everyone here favours an update that actually fixes things over a quick update.

Anyway. The new installer has been built and uploaded for the testers yesterday. I didn't check for results yet but I will when I get home from work later today. If it's alright, you can expect the new installer in the next few days.

• Developer
vor 9 Stunden , XFalcon750 sagte:

I never understood when they keep saying "thousands of others haven't had these issues or don't have problems" as if it makes the problems we face invalid

It's not meant like this. It explains why it's sometimes hard for us to reproduce certain issues and it's a lame but true explanation why certain issues haven't been found before. It is however a fact that issues that only occur on one customer's system, may be related to that specific system. For example: I spent several hours on Teamviewer with a customer from Sarajevo on a sunday 2 or 3 weeks ago and tried to find out why the CRJ wouldn't load. In his case, the VC++ 2015 runtime installation was corrupted. What gave it away was that Skype and Origin didn't work on his system either. I'm not saying that this is always the case, but it happens. Finding out whether something is a bug or not, is a tough business.

9 hours ago, XFalcon750 said:

I never understood when they keep saying "thousands of others haven't had these issues or don't have problems" as if it makes the problems we face invalid.

I can tell you first-hand, from beta testing the Flight-Factor A320, that there are some users on the team reporting issues that I don't have and vice-versa. Testing is not as easy as you think, especially since not every issue can be reproduced on demand each and every time. 

I have half a dozen videos up in my You Tube channel as I beta tested this aircraft with Multi Crew Experience. The aircraft performs extremely well. The MCE product is complete and works perfectly with the CRJ. 

I deleted the C++2015 VC runtime that came with the simulation, since I already had this runtime installed and the new one did not appear to run well with my original. That was my only issue. Easily resolved and nothing to do with the aircraft simulation, more with my PC files! No two computers are identical!

This aircraft demands that the manuals are read and understood before flying it. My compliments to Hans for a lovely simulation. I won't be downloading the update, no need! The CRJ performs just fine. Perhaps those simulator pilots struggling with the aircraft need a first officer!:rolleyes: Now available from MCE! 

Best regards

David

It appears both Hans and herky20 noted something about VC++ runtimes possibly installed incorrectly/ corrupted.  Pehaps this is causing some problems for me?

Here are my C++ installs.  Do you see any conflicts in these?  Thanks!

Please login to display this image.

Looks good to me, but you can download them again and it will repair them if necessary.

For FSX/P3D, you need the 32bit runtimes, as well as the 64bit, that is why you are seeing two of each version. I don't think many applications use the 2005 version anymore except maybe FSX.

I still have FSX installed on this Win 7 computer, along with a 32 bit version of Microsoft Office, so I was not concerned about having both the 32 & 64 bit run times installed.

I was just wondering if I was missing one of the VC++ libraries and that was causing the Dead Dave, non disappearing yoke issue (which only started with the latest version of the CRJ). 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:01 AM, Tom A320 said:

FYI: There will be a new version by the beginning of next week. 

FYI: Its the end of next week and still no update, but this is what I've come to expect from Aerosoft.

• Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, e190attcs said:

FYI: Its the end of next week and still no update, but this is what I've come to expect from Aerosoft.

FYI:

On 11/8/2017 at 8:36 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Anyway. The new installer has been built and uploaded for the testers yesterday. I didn't check for results yet but I will when I get home from work later today. If it's alright, you can expect the new installer in the next few days.

With the new update, will the CRJ be able to follow properly the STAR arrivals?

For example this evening, my CRJ 900 on the EPGD STAR arrival RATO2T did a nice 360 degrees turn in NAV mode (till GD907 was with HDG mode and then NAV mode) and this was not nice to be seen on Vatsim by the controller, neither by me.

Archived