Impossible To Follow the route

7 hours ago, bill31642 said:

Just finished another flight in P3DV4 ver 1.0.1.1. Along with the REV ARMED error, the HGS system does not display flight data after take off. Strange enough all data displayed once I landed.

Please login to display this image.

I noticed the same thing on a test flight this morning. Happened right after gear up.

v/r

ROMAN78

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the LNAV issue, I had two times the same behaviour as described above crossing a waypoint after a short or a long leg. Maybe I'm wrong or it was a coincidence but it happend the both times after entering or changing the arrival procedeure during the cruise.

(p3dv4 crj 1.0.1.1)

Did some more testing of crj 1.0.1.1 in P3DV4. Don't mean to highjack the post but the HGS and REV error appeared while attempting to improve the LNAV issue.

Anyway on to the testing. These are repeatable.

The HGS issue (the loss of most flight data in the HGS at zero weight on wheels/lift off) occurs if you select "AIRCRAFT STATE" "READY FOR ENGINE START"

If you start from "COLD & DARK" the HGS appear to function as designed.(edited.... COLD & DARK failed too).

The L REV ERROR (L REV does not illuminate even though thrust rev works) is persistent at aircraft load and at the selection of all preconfigured Aircraft states.

Of course I can know what changes between versions and I do want to be of help. I'm just reporting what I see.

tks/Bill

9 hours ago, DylanCast said:

Nav issues remain even after the last update. 

Plus all of the other problems listed above^^^ (...)

Nav issues haven't yet been addressed with version 1.0.1.1:

But it would be interesting to hear whether Hans' own research into this issue during the last weekend has brought any new insights:

• Developer
vor 9 Stunden , andyman977 sagte:

Agreed, would like an update to know if this aircraft will be usable again

I've been working on it for quite a while now, but work is not finished yet. I can't give you an estimate either, sorry.

• Developer
On 27.9.2017 at 00:07, gjharrall sagte:

I see the issue with the HGS system after takeoff as well. I also have the latest release installed.

That is fixed and will be available with the next version.

On ‎26‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 10:25 PM, ajpongress said:

(...) I'd like to know why none of the beta testers picked up on this glaring issue before release.

Surely someone noticed this?

I have not been a tester for the CRJ, but I VentureToDaresayTM that this wasn't a tester issue. Nor a Hans Hartmann issue. I am assuming it's a matter of Aerosoft release policy and I invite Aerosoft to challenge my conjecture.   :)

On 9/26/2017 at 3:25 PM, ajpongress said:

I'd like to know why none of the beta testers picked up on this glaring issue before release.

Surely someone noticed this?

It's a fair question.

All I can say that I have never once suffered from this issue and I'm not aware of any of the Beta Testers suffering the problem prior to release. I've lost count of the number of flights in the aircraft I have to different airports / different routes I've flown under different conditions. Moreover, I've flown the same routes as others have reported and still not had the issue.  Beyond there being some unanswered variables in many of the reports, overall I'm at a loss to explain why some people suffer with this problem and why others don't. Many of these flights have been streamed during the past year as well.

But this doesn't mean that Aerosoft has been sitting on their laurels. Hans has been working to change the code to fix the problem for those who have it, and it should be coming out in the near future after the test team verifies that the fixes don't break other things.

8 hours ago, Captain Snowflake said:

I invite Aerosoft to challenge my conjecture.

Sure, I can answer that. As I said above, I'm not aware of any of the Beta Testers having this issue prior to release.  I made at least 50 complete flights (all of them different) and many partial flights in the aircraft prior to release and I never experienced this problem.  I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, but if it's not seen in testing then we don't know that a problem is there.  We have many other customers who don't have this issue either.

First and foremost I am a flight simmer, just like everyone else here, and I am somewhat known in our community and would never risk my reputation for anything. There are no secrets being hidden from our customers, and we are working to understand and resolve this issue - which again we didn't know about at release.

Mathijs is the public face of Aerosoft and the Project Manager for many Aerosoft products including the CRJ, so when someone says "Aerosoft" they are often speaking about him personally. I've been a part of our community for over 30 years and I know and have worked with many terrific flight sim developers. I say without any reservation whatsoever that Mathijs has the highest ethical standards which match any of the developers I know in our community.  Frankly, I don't always agree with our Air Boss, but his ethics are unquestionable as far as I'm concerned and I have to take exception to any statement to the contrary.  Once again, we did not know of this issue prior to release.

Finally, everyone involved in this project understands and appreciates the frustration of those who have this problem and you have every reason to feel frustrated - and that probably hasn't been said enough.  But let's not let frustration turn to something else, something ugly.  Aerosoft is very concerned about this issue, and everything is being done to resolve it for you. But this type of issue takes time and good feedback from those who have the problem in order to resolve it.

My very best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this issue? It's been 2 weeks. Please don't take the inquiry as impatient, just an update would be great.

I didn't have this issue until I updated to 1.0.1 which is a bummer but surly it will be fixed.

22 hours ago, doylie22 said:

Any updates on this issue? It's been 2 weeks. Please don't take the inquiry as impatient, just an update would be great.

I didn't have this issue until I updated to 1.0.1 which is a bummer but surly it will be fixed.

Agreed, I know Hans said he was working on it and there was no timetable, but I'm eager to start flying the CRJ again.

Hello to everyone,

just to let you know I'm one of you guys who's suffering under the LNAV issue. I just started my fun with the CRJ a two weeks ago and first it worked fine even LVAV. Than I upgraded from P3D v4 to P3D v4.1, made a correct reinstall of the CRJ (deleted all files and folders) and reinstalled. Started the flight and faced the NAV issue on my flight from LOWW to EGNV. Navigation behaved as their wouldn't be any route injected. crazy. waiting you now for a solution of this issue.

Heinz

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, ajpongress said:

Also waiting. Starting to get impatient with a product that doesn't work correctly.

Next week, it will be a month since Hans last posted in this thread about this issue.

How long is this really going to take?

+1

Why all the silence?

Is there any progress?

On 10/18/2017 at 3:32 AM, wezhei said:

Hello to everyone,

just to let you know I'm one of you guys who's suffering under the LNAV issue. I just started my fun with the CRJ a two weeks ago and first it worked fine even LVAV. Than I upgraded from P3D v4 to P3D v4.1, made a correct reinstall of the CRJ (deleted all files and folders) and reinstalled. Started the flight and faced the NAV issue on my flight from LOWW to EGNV. Navigation behaved as their wouldn't be any route injected. crazy. waiting you now for a solution of this issue.

Heinz

On 10/18/2017 at 12:56 PM, ajpongress said:

Also waiting. Starting to get impatient with a product that doesn't work correctly.

Next week, it will be a month since Hans last posted in this thread about this issue.

How long is this really going to take?

I have no information on the upcoming update timeline, but I spoke with Hans and he's going to do his best to pop in to the forum tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you for your patience, you've been great!

Best wishes.

• Developer

Hi everyone,

here's the deal. As far as I am aware the route following issue is sorted - it's currently undergoing testing and I'm working on more fixes/additions while the testers are at work. I already dumped my original plan to fix everything that came up and release one complete SP1. The fact that I spent 3 out of the last 4 weeks on business trips didn't leave me enough time to stick to my schedule. Working and testing on a notebook isn't very productive either to be honest.

I will be back home next Thursday, the tests should be completed by then and will then work with Aerosoft to get a new installer built and released asap. However, the following week has two holidays in Germany (or at least in the state where Aerosoft is... I only have one :() so don't expect any miracles please.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:30 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Hi everyone,

here's the deal. As far as I am aware the route following issue is sorted - it's currently undergoing testing and I'm working on more fixes/additions while the testers are at work. I already dumped my original plan to fix everything that came up and release one complete SP1. The fact that I spent 3 out of the last 4 weeks on business trips didn't leave me enough time to stick to my schedule. Working and testing on a notebook isn't very productive either to be honest.

I will be back home next Thursday, the tests should be completed by then and will then work with Aerosoft to get a new installer built and released asap. However, the following week has two holidays in Germany (or at least in the state where Aerosoft is... I only have one :() so don't expect any miracles please.

When you sell a product for as much as did, a business trip is not going to be a sufficient answer. I personally could care less what other people think here.  You pushed out a broken product and I personally think this is BS.  How can I get a refund on this 6+ year epic failure?

4 hours ago, e190attcs said:

When you sell a product for as much as did, a business trip is not going to be a sufficient answer. (...)

Probably not quite correct, I would think. Product defects should be eliminated in due course, but still business trips are business trips and holidays are holidays and have to be respected/factored in.

I would support the notion, though, that bug fixing and creating service packs for the CRJ have been taking longer than anyone expected around the time of release, including Hans, Aerosoft and ... me.

If there were a refund opportunity (AFAIK there isn't one), I'd probably request one myself and buy the CRJ again in a couple of months. (Just did exactly that - requesting a refund - on a certain Boeing 787 title, not related to Aerosoft in any kind or form.)

Archived