NavDataPro - X-Plane 11

Heinz Flichtbeil

• Administrator

Hello,

Since we still get a lot of requests for the correct configuration of our NavDataPro with X-Plane 11, I will write down the most important things here.

Requirement:
NavDataPro must always be installed in the current version.
An update of the program NavDataPro recognizes independently. You can install it immediately.

For the Nav Data (Cycles):
With NavDataPro you can update X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11 data.
This for all aircraft and devices listed in NavDataPro.

In most cases, it is ok for X-Plane 11 to update only the Custom Data directory.
For that, in NavDataPro, only the respective X-Plane 11 main folder is required as a path in the X-Plane 11 section.
For example, as shown in the figure:

navDataPro-xp11-1-en.thumb.jpg.e38559fd7b7dbc8bc6c5ab193cedab93.jpg

Most X-Plane 11 aircraft use this Custom Data folder to read the Nav data.
All airplanes should work so. And so you should definitely configure your NavDataPro at first.

If there are airplanes, which need the NavData somewhere else, then this should be described in the respective manual.
The corresponding path can then be entered for the respective aircraft in the NavDataPro.

Also here in most cases the X-Plane 11 Root folder is the correct folder to enter in NavDatapro.

The GNS430 Folder:
But there are still many airplanes, which can not process the new X-Plane 11 Nav data format.
This airplanes needs the old NavData format from X-Plane 10. This usually with the .... Custom Data / GNS430 folder.
But this GNS430 folder is no longer available in the X-Plane 11.

To update these aircraft (which still use the old NavData format) with the nav data, you have to create the GNS430 folder with the current nav data in the X-Plane 11.
You can do this with NavDataPro, for example:
In the X-Plane 10 section of the NavDataPro, select the X-Plane GNS430 / 530 (...) entry.
ONLY enter the X-Plane 11 Root folder as the path.
This is how NavDatapro creates a GNS430 folder in the X-Plane 11 (in the Custom Data folder) with the current Nav data, which the corresponding aircraft will pick up there.
Here is an example:

navDataPro-xp11-en.thumb.jpg.826db3c9cb4c2c1b6320077fe7520639.jpg

This is how many installed airplanes will probably be able to use the current nav data (in XP10 and XP11 format).
You can check it mostly in the FMS of the airplane with the INIT page.

Greets Heinz

• 4 months later...

I have just downloaded Navdatapro for xplane11 with full world scenery.The download comprises two compressed files with the size of  41,333KB.

I am using Win 10 so can you please explain the difference  between these files and which one to use.

• Administrator

Hello,

there is one file for the MAC OSX system: AS_NAVDATAPRO_V1045_MAC.zip

and one file for Windows: AS_NAVDATAPRO_V1050_WND.exe

This windows installation file must be execute for Windows Sytems to install NavDatapro.

Greetings Heinz

Hello Heinz

Thanks for the quick reply. I note that the IXEG 737 is not included in the Xplane11 update list but it is in the Xplane10. Can I get the updating to work by changing the path in the Xplane10 and updating?

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Heinz

My xplane11 is an installation on a new PC therefore it is not possible to access any previous Xplane 10 software. So can you tell me what it is possible to update on a clean PC installation a because there are no routes existing. I need help.

John

• Administrator

Hello John,

this depends on your NavDatapro Abo (1 Cycle, 4 Cycles or 13 cycles).

With your new PC you can update your X-Plane 11 with the same instructions as postet in post 1 of this thread.

The NavDataPro program you can download with your Aerosoft Shop Account if you have purchased with Aerosoft.

Greets Heinz

• 1 year later...

Hello Heinz,

I've loaded the data as you have described at the top of this thread however,

I continually get "Nav Data out of date" messages on the FMC due to the fact the X-Plane 11 aircraft is not seeing the installed navdata. It appears that the Data manager is adding a duplicate folder to the installation path.

For example, the common X-Plane 11 aircraft looks for FMC navdata in the Custom Data folder. Using the Data Manager if I use the path (D:\X-Plane 11\Custom data), It will be located in (D:\X-Plane 11\Custom data\Custom data). Why is there a duplication of the last directory in the path?

I'm using Nav Data Pro v. 1.0.6.7

• Administrator

Hello,

you don't have to use the path "D:\X-Plane 11\Custom data" but you have to use only this path for X-Plane 11 with NavDataPro: "D:\X-Plane 11".

Then it must work. So as described in my first post :)

Greets Heinz

22 hours ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello,

you don't have to use the path "D:\X-Plane 11\Custom data" but you have to use only this path for X-Plane 11 with NavDataPro: "D:\X-Plane 11".

Then it must work. So as described in my first post :)

Greets Heinz

For most products running from X-Plane 11 that seems logical, but how do I handle the oddball like X-Aviation's IXEG 737 Classic. It's navigation data needs to be in "D:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\fmc_data"?

• Administrator

Hello,

I don't know about the nav data format (dataset) for the IXEG 737 Classic.

As I know at the time there is no extra dataset for the IXEG 737 with NavDataPro available for X-Plane 11.

But you can try to use the IXEG Dataset from X-Plane 10. This is available with the NavDataPro.

There put in the path to your IXEG 737 installed in X-Plane 11. May be this will work.

Greets Heinz

19 hours ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello,

I don't know about the nav data format (dataset) for the IXEG 737 Classic.

As I know at the time there is no extra dataset for the IXEG 737 with NavDataPro available for X-Plane 11.

But you can try to use the IXEG Dataset from X-Plane 10. This is available with the NavDataPro.

There put in the path to your IXEG 737 installed in X-Plane 11. May be this will work.

Greets Heinz

I’ve installed the data using NavDataPro into the IXEG 737 and it works. The only issue is that after using the path to the fmc_data folder you wind up with the last folder in the path duplication (fmc_data inside fmc_data) that requires manual correction.

SkyCoyote

• Administrator

ok, 

thanks for the info.

If the fmc_data will dublicate, then try to use the path in NavDataPro without the "/fmc_data" path.

like this: D:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic

The rest will be done by NavDataPro then....

Greets Heinz

• 1 year later...

X-Plane 11 has released version 11.5. For several reasons I've avoided the update and sticking with v11. Nav data pro is installing navdata Version 1150, I assume compatible with X-planes 11.5 update. The 1150 version crashes X-Plane 11. There is a data Mismatch because running v11 is looking for V1100 data.

• 8 months later...

Hello,

Been away from Xplane for almost six months due to foot operation and it's only now that I can begin to fly. of course my yearly Abo for Navdatapro is outdated and yesterday I purchased a new one.When I try to update to the new datasets I get: Not allowed to update and I should check and correct user account.  My Account info in Navdatapro only has my Email and Serial number - all other Info is blank.  Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.

Howard

P.S,  Dumb me - I didn't see that that the renew purchase also assigned a new serial number. My fault - thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Administrator

Here is an idea:

Open NavDataPro (new Version for XP10/11/12).

Then click on X-Plane 10.

Then goto the menu Options.

There deset "Only show downloaded Addons".

Then you shall find the GNS 430 dataset.

Greets Heinz