P3Dv4 - NapoliX + ORBX OpenLC Europe CTD

skipy33

Hello,

I saw things about autogen and ORBX FTX Central and got the fix NapoliXAutogen to solve that problem but I have a bigger issue: When I try to run P3Dv4 at Napoli airport I get a CTD:

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 4.0.28.21686, horodatage : 0x594a7255
Nom du module défaillant : ai_player.dll, version : 4.0.28.21686, horodatage : 0x594a7254
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000004d4f9
ID du processus défaillant : 0x15c8
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d319ff17396063
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : I:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: I:\P3Dv4\ai_player.dll
ID de rapport : 9b0dafc5-85f2-11e7-bcf7-c86000cc4d68

The only way to start P3Dv4 is then either to disable Napoli X entries or to disable all EUROPELC entries in scenery.cfg.

I tried to change NapoliX priority (above or below OpenLC) without succees.

I tried to reinstall NapoliX with ORBX Vector option (but I don't have, only OpenLC!) without success.

As I saw ai_player.dll error I tried to disabled ships and apron in Napoli X without sucess. I also tried to disabled MyTrafficX entry without sucess.

I didn't see anything on ORBX forum about Aerosoft's Napoli X. Someone can help???

Skip.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The error indicates the AI traffic as cause. You use a AI traffic add-on?

Yes, Mytraffic 6.0 but if I disable all OpenLC Europe entries in scenery.cfg, Napoli X runs well with AI aircrafts parked.

If I only disable Mytraffic X entry in scenery.cfg, the CTD still occurs. 

Skip.

• Aerosoft

I have no idea what could cause this. As far as I can see there are no other users with the same issue. The cause of the error however is clear, it's the module that control AI traffic that bombs on a faulty texture, Afcad or model.  So that's really where you should look if you can recreate the error reliably.

Well, I can't explain why it's ai_player.dll which is faulty when the crash occurs but I did the following using the old good method which consists to rename the BGL files...

As both NapoliX and NapoliX_city were faulty, I first focussed on NapoliX and kept the city disabled (I can live without the city at this moment...). I found that renaming to ".off" the file LIRN_ELEV.bgl was sufficent to avoid the crash without impact on the airport design.

Then I took Aspen X Extended as a model and created a dedicated scenery entry for this elevation BGL file with a number layer = 2 and it also works (I don't know if it's useful or not)...

I performed a traffic pattern at dusk and all is running well but I agree the OpenLC city is ugly and only Vesuvio volano is amazing 

NapoliX_city seems more problematic in first approach but I'll go on with my tests.

Regards, Skip.

OK. And now NapoliX_city....

I found that renaming the 2 photo_xxx.bgl files to "off" avoid the ai_player.dll crash but of course the result was not very nice as objects were placed on a wrong background.

I applied the NapoliXAutogen fix  because I often use FTX Central and I try to move the 2 photo_xxx.bgl in the scenery at layer 2 I created before for the LIRN_ELEV.bgl. Great! All is ok now!

Perhaps I'll try to go back to the normal state with P3Dv4.1 but right now the workaround seems ok even at night.

Good night all. Skip.

Please login to display this image.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I tried to add another airport and again CTD (ntdll.dll this time). I've just disabled all my UK2000 sceneries and P3Dv4 loads normaly with the new airport!

SO IT SEEMS I'VE REACHED A P3Dv4 LIMITATION? Or at least it's a bug...

I go back on all the changes I made with Napoli X and it works well now as soon as I reduce the number of addons!

Sorry if I imagines that the problem could be a conflict with Orbx.... Hopefully the latest release of AddonOrganizer is able to manage groups of addons (As I did with FSX). So I can reduce my addons to the departure and arrival countries.

Skip.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 51 Minuten, skipy33 sagte:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I tried to add another airport and again CTD (ntdll.dll this time). I've just disabled all my UK2000 sceneries and P3Dv4 loads normaly with the new airport!

SO IT SEEMS I'VE REACHED A P3Dv4 LIMITATION? Or at least it's a bug...

I go back on all the changes I made with Napoli X and it works well now as soon as I reduce the number of addons!

Sorry if I imagines that the problem could be a conflict with Orbx.... Hopefully the latest release of AddonOrganizer is able to manage groups of addons (As I did with FSX). So I can reduce my addons to the departure and arrival countries.

Skip.

There is a known bug in P3Dv4.0HF1. It will be fixed with P3Dv4.1.

Archived