Load a flight plan.

Hello adribar, and welcome to our forums!

Yes sir, it most certainly is possible. The CRJ-700/900 flight plans may be generated and downloaded from Simbrief, and you'll find the procedure for bringing them up in Volume 3 I believe (it's not exactly like it is on a Boeing or Airbus).

By the way, you are always welcome to ask any question you wish, but of course when you do so via a post you have to wait for an answer - if one ever comes.  I mention this because a quick search of our forums would have provided you with the answer to your question immediately so you wouldn't have to wait for an answer. In fact, flight sim is such a highly technical community that there is rarely a question in flight sim that hasn't already been asked and answered.

Please don't misunderstand my friend, you're most welcome to post your questions without searching the forum first. I just thought it might save you having to wait for an answer now and then.

Again, welcome to the forum and our community, and my very best wishes to you!

Hi Dave. Thanks for your attention. Actually I tried to look at the subject but with a negative result; Maybe I was wrong to enter the keywords. Now I have sought, in the various manuals, the instructions to load flight plans into the FMC; I did not find them. Sigh !!! Can you give me more precise directions? Imagine I'm old and my mind is ineffective. Thank you.

Hello, I can confirm the experience of adribar.
How can I import a flightplan, made with a programm like FSC?
I didn't find a function in the FMS and no hint in the manuals.

Help would be great!

Thank you,

Thomas

4 hours ago, Thomas_Brandes said:

How can I import a flightplan, made with a programm like FSC?

Any flight planning tool will have to have the format for the CRJ (just like any other aircraft), so you'll have to speak with the author of Flight Sim Commander about updating the software. There is a terrific document that comes with the CRJ called "CRJ Flightplan Format" that goes into great detail on the format used. It's the very first document in the list.

15 hours ago, adribar said:

Now I have sought, in the various manuals, the instructions to load flight plans into the FMC; I did not find them.

Please open the CRJ Documents and look for a document called "FMS" (Flight Management System). You'll find the Table of Contents on Page 3 of the FMS document. Starting at the top of the Table of Contents, please work your way down to the "Route Menu sub-page". This is the section we want, as our intention is to work with a Route (a.k.a. Flightplan/Flight Plan) in the FMS. At the far right of the Table of Contents we'll find a page number associated with the "Route Menu sub-page" section. You can go directly to that page number by placing your mouse over the "Route Menu sub-page" text or clicking on the page number itself.

The Route Menu documentation describes in detail how to store and load flightplans.  Once you have created and downloaded a CRJ formatted flightplan, you simply have to place it in a folder where the CRJ FMS will find it. The location of the folder you will want to place your downloaded flightplan is:  C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\FlightPlans folder.

I hope this has been helpful, please let us know if you have any other questions.

I wish you both the very best for Happy Flights in the CRJ!

Archived