Installing latest version and hotfixes

Because of all the fixes and new versions I'm not sure what to install and how to install. Therefore, I have some questions:

1. I am still running version 1.0.0.2, should I update to 1.0.0.5? I ask this since I read that there are some problems with this version and that there will be a major update soon(?). 

2. What is the correct procedure for installing such an update? Is it correct that I should download the lastest version from my aerosoft account? I looked through the forum but couldn't really find a conclusive answer to this.

3. If I install the latest version from my aerosoft account, should I install any hotfixes or are they already integrated in that package?

These might sound like simple and maybe stupid questions to some but I just don't want to mess up the CRJ or my sim.

Thanks to all who reply!

16 hours ago, Vinceki said:

Because of all the fixes and new versions I'm not sure what to install and how to install. Therefore, I have some questions:

1. I am still running version 1.0.0.2, should I update to 1.0.0.5? I ask this since I read that there are some problems with this version and that there will be a major update soon(?). 

2. What is the correct procedure for installing such an update? Is it correct that I should download the lastest version from my aerosoft account? I looked through the forum but couldn't really find a conclusive answer to this.

3. If I install the latest version from my aerosoft account, should I install any hotfixes or are they already integrated in that package?

These might sound like simple and maybe stupid questions to some but I just don't want to mess up the CRJ or my sim.

Thanks to all who reply!

1. Some people are still having issues, some are not. I am still on 1.0.0.4 because it was stable for me.

2. Yes. Download the new installer.

3. Short answer yes, fix all hot fixes. When a version is released (1.0.0.5) a hot fix is then released to manually replace code/files that are causing issues. Those hotfixes in turn are applied to the installer for the next release. So in this case the hotfixes for 1.0.0.5 will be a standard part of the install for 1.0.0.6.

Where you're still on 1.0.0.2, do not install hot fixes for a version you're not using. 

I recommend waiting for the the next release which I believe Hans sad will actually be 1.0.1

Idiotic question, but where can one get 1.0.0.5? Maybe I'm blind, but I'm signed in and am not seeing them in the HF topics in that section... 

Sorry!!!

RR503 

I'm still using 1.0.0.4 also as it more stable for me. Has 1.0.0.5 been updated with the 5c fix yet. Seems like updates have stoped after the first week of release and there are still plenty of bugs to be resolved. Any word on the next round of fixes?

32 minutes ago, Cyberstudio said:

I think that @Hans Hartmann is trying to push for a bigger update next time. I find myself coming daily to see if a new patch has arrived

1.0.0.5 should be available in your download account.  If you're not already, try selecting the German server as the US Server sometimes doesn't update as fast as the German one. 

UPDATE:  Hans is still working on the next update. At this point many issues have been corrected or significantly curtailed, but as I said it's still being worked on, and he's working very hard on it.

We really do appreciate everyone's patience.  The best thing to do is check the forum as you guys are doing.

Thanks again and Best wishes.

Oh god I feel really idiotic now... I can't seem to find the download account. 

I bought the CRJ through a 3rd party vendor -- JustFlight -- do I go there for the patch?

Sorry again -- I'm sure y'all have much more pressing things to attend to.

21 minutes ago, rr503 said:

bought the CRJ through a 3rd party vendor -- JustFlight -- do I go there for the patch?

No problem.  Yes sir. If that's where you bought it, that's where you have to get it from, and any issues with version numbers or downloads should be resolved with them.

Best wishes.

Archived