Green approach lights EDDF PROFESSIONAL

suniram

Hi all,

just found that somewhat odd green approach lighting at the new EDDF. Are others seeing that as well, or is it just me ? I suppose it shouldnt be like that ...

thanks and best regards

Please login to display this image.

Are you maybe using tweaks to the effects of your flight sim, like new runway lighting installed by a texture addon, etc. which could have replaced the white/yellow effects with green ones?

• Aerosoft

That is not possible to define in a light as far as I am aware so it has to be how the sim interprets that light. On my systems I see it more orange when I am far off and that changes to brighter yellow as I get closer. That seems normal. On your system it seems that color change based on distance (based on a color lookup table I assume) is not standard. No idea what causes that.

Quite the same here. The green color is much more pronounced when seen from far off.  While sitting on the runway there is still a very little greenish touch to those lights though..

I am not using any effects or replacement textures and I did not see that on other aiports...and everything else at EDDF is colored normally.....Strange....

Which are the files  that carry  this effect/these lights ?

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is not possible to define in a light as far as I am aware so it has to be how the sim interprets that light. On my systems I see it more orange when I am far off and that changes to brighter yellow as I get closer. That seems normal. On your system it seems that color change based on distance (based on a color lookup table I assume) is not standard. No idea what causes that.

Hmm, the only thing in line with that is that my monitor is calibrated. ill try to look at my calibration settings to see if it changes :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you experience here is kind of a rainbow effect depending on the viewing angle. Do the following: put your aircraft in the air into a position, where from the cockpit you see the light as green, pause the sim and switch to an ouside view and you'll see that it looks totally different.

No idea what causes this effect, which can also be seen in  FSX and seems to be a bit stronger when using dynamic lights.

• Developer

Good point Otto,

it should be also see, when you simple change to the 2D cockpit.

In the 3D Cockpit, depends on the aircraft used, there is a Windshild Texture beween the Viewpoint (User) and the world outside. When this tends to green, the colors of lights outside can be effected.

The color of the runwaylights we use is tending to yellow, but not to green.

Hmmm, cant really confirm that....it is still looking  greenish in the distance in outside view....

Please login to display this image.

btw there is another thing but actually off topic here: the concrete taxiways are almost as bright as during the day, especially the ones between 25L and 25C I suppose should be dark as they are not receiving any lights......

• Developer

I have redone the Texture, please make a backup of the AS-RWY-LIGHTB.dds file in the <P3D>\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt ...\Texture folder and replace it with the file in the attached Zip.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
vor 2 Minuten, MikeR sagte:

Hi Oliver,

I want to try your fix. But in the texture folder I cant find this file. No backup is possible.

Best regards

Mike

But you look into the Texture Folder of the Airport, not in the default texture folder of P3D?

The file must be there, otherwise you had no runwaylights.

Hi Oliver,

thanks for response.

That is not what you have wrote ;-):

"I have redone the Texture, please make a backup of the AS-RWY-LIGHTB.dds file in the <P3D>\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt ...\Texture folder and replace it with the file in the attached Zip."

Mike

Archived