No Dynamic Lights on new Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional

winstonwolf

vor 11 Stunden , skipy33 sagte:

ADDENDUM: No problem with EDDS but smaller airport for sure.

Please login to display this image.

Still too dark !!! This goes better . 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer
vor 47 Minuten, winstonwolf sagte:

Still too dark !!! This goes better . 

Sorry,

I made a lot of test in different variation to find a compromiss in lighting the area an keeping the performance a high as possible. When the lightcoins are defind larger to get them brighter, the perfomance impact increase very fast. It is a kown issue by LM and on there list for future optimizings in there code.

Vor 1 Stunde, OPabst sagte:

Sorry,

I made a lot of test in different variation to find a compromiss in lighting the area an keeping the performance a high as possible. When the lightcoins are defind larger to get them brighter, the perfomance impact increase very fast. It is a kown issue by LM and on there list for future optimizings in there code.

But Sorry Oliver , i dont understand what u mean ?!?! What you do different from the Justsim Airports ( here EDDL ) where DL is working very fine with maybe an good Performance . 

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I guess the difference is the SIZE of the airport. EDDL is 1/3 or even less then EDDF. 

I'll have a look at Paris LFPG from T2G but I don't remember any problem with DL on it.

Skip.

I've never flown in/out of EDDF at night so I don't how it looks real world, but night lighting at KOAK is very subtle and not overly distracting/bright (from a real world flight I did last year):

As pointed out DL is extremely GPU intensive and being able to find this level of quality with minimal FPS drain is job well done.  I'm sure LM will be improving DL performance in the future, but for now this a great compromise to quality ratio.

Cheers, Rob.

Seems to work for me. Maybe the ground texture is a bit too bright, but not by that much. If one compares the top of the plane and the ground the color its different, but not VERY different. This is done on a 1060 btw.

PS: also funny someone mentioned LFPG, where the ground is very different color from the color of light that arrives on the plane.... The plane is yellow, the ground normal lightish. Im not aware of any airports in this size that even have dyn lights, so not easy to compare. One cannot compare LOWI with EDDF. Of course the LOWI devs can make it brighter, with only 20 lights there as opposed to 180 here. What you guys think ppl would say if they have 2 fps now?

I hardly see the problem.

Maybe some ppl already forgot about it, but this is what you get otherwise, on an airport from other dev without dyn lights at all...posted it in german forum already, so sorry if someone saw it already...

On 8/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, winstonwolf said:

Hello Everybody , 

Now we discuss the Problem since 2 Days with many recommendations but without Success. But this is my first Discussion about DL.

And sorry for me it dont works alltogether . On some Users more on other users less but overall too dark . 

I have at the same P3Dv4 Installation 5 other Airports from Justsim, OrbX or 29Palms who works perfekt with my Settings and PTA.

Why Aerosoft dont use this technic for DL and why in this threat Aerosoft would let the users do endless Tests ? 

For me its an Aerosoft Problem. 

Please Mathijs and Rob , show us the Screenshots from Aerosoft , Show us Screenshots how the DL works on your Computers. You say on your Side in the Tests it works perfectly. I want to see this. 

Whats about EDDS ? Is there the same Problem ?

And what you say about this Point i posted a little time bevore in this Discussion . 

The DL works not perfect but it works on the Parking Positions V120 - V129 ( Means in Config Tool Apron East ) . See Attachements . But the Gates dont work . Sorry but i dont let me tell from you that there is something wrong with my Settings. 

Also you see on the original Fotos that on EDDF its like Day when there is night . 

For me the DL in Frankfurt works but its much too dark on the Gates . Its ok only at the Positions V120-V129. 

One info , you can only Test if DL works after 10.00 PM , better 11.00 PM . Bevore you have somtimes more natural light. 

My Question after 2 days you let us user test all the things - whtas the next step ?!?!? 

Michael 

Hello Aerosoft ? Why i become no answers on my Questions ?!?!? I spent 35 Euros for this Airport and i have the feeling it dont interest anybody on Aerosoft side. Short Info will be helpful . 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You posted your question on a Saturday and bumping it now on a Sunday. I don't know about you, but for me this time frame is called Weekend and companies usually close offices during this time.

Maybe you think about this before giving publicly the impression to the readers of this topic that you as a valued customer are not being answered on purpose.

3 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

Hello Aerosoft ? Why i become no answers on my Questions ?!?!? I spent 35 Euros for this Airport and i have the feeling it dont interest anybody on Aerosoft side.

First, please take a deep breath.  You started asking your questions on what would have been late in the day/evening on Thursday and your one of several who have complex issues/questions. With software, these things must be investigated, and not a lot of that is going to happen on a weekend.

If there is a better way to produce lighting for this scenery, it will take time to investigate and test before it can be released.  It's not going to happen overnight.  This is typical for all types of software, not just flight sim software.

gerade, DaveCT2003 sagte:

First, please take a deep breath.  You started asking your questions on what would have been late in the day/evening on Thursday and your one of several who have complex issues/questions. With software, these things must be investigated, and not a lot of that is going to happen on a weekend.

If there is a better way to produce lighting for this scenery, it will take time to investigate and test before it can be released.  It's not going to happen overnight.  This is typical for all types of software, not just flight sim software.

Sorry for this , but i testet since 2 Days all what is possible for this Problem on my sim and its a little bit Frustrating . I take now an deep breath and go jogging ;-) Hope you can solve this next Week . 

3 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

Sorry for this , but i testet since 2 Days all what is possible for this Problem on my sim and its a little bit Frustrating . I take now an deep breath and go jogging ;-) Hope you can solve this next Week . 

Thank you for your patience.  We all understand my friend.

Here onesmore an Screenshot on which you see that the Apron East ( only this ) works perfectly with DL . 

The Rest of the Airport is too dark . 

Hope you find an Solution . 

Very much Thanks Oliver . You did an great job ;-) 

Now it is perfekt . Now the Lights are beautiful . 

100 % different than before . 

Sorry for my impatience . For me the Problem and for this the Post is sloved. 

Michael 

15 hours ago, OPabst said:

Make a backup of the files AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF.fx and AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF-E.fx in the <P3DV4>\Effects Folder,

then unzip the attached file to <P3DV4>\Effects and restart the P3D.

Apronlight Test MAF P3DV4.zip

Thanks for the update! Is this a test/beta file for now or stable release update? If it is maybe a new pinned announcement topic for other customers convenience :D 

Will try it now! 

Hello onesmore , 

I did some tests with the new Files . 

Here my open Questions : 

1. On the Cockpit Side there is less DL on the Body from the Plane more ,  but maybe this is in real the same in night ? I dont now . Maybe it is possible to increase the radius from the DL Circle that the whole Airplane is in Light ? 

2. As you can see at the A380 Models are at 08.00 PM coloured but later at 11.00 PM in the Night they are like black and white. But it can because of the AI Modell i think. 

But otherwise everything is great. 

Thanks again 

Michael 

• Developer

Thanks for the feedback.

Please keep in mind, the Dynlights is a new rendering feature and still under construction. To increase the radius will increase the performance impact, so no good idea.

We will wait, what the next release of P3D will change here, then we maybe can optimize the lights. I also see same issues with Loading/Unloading of Effects, which could result in double loades of effects. So here are also issues on the plattform engine side, which needs to be fixed.

vor 3 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Thanks for the feedback.

Please keep in mind, the Dynlights is a new rendering feature and still under construction. To increase the radius will increase the performance impact, so no good idea.

We will wait, what the next release of P3D will change here, then we maybe can optimize the lights. I also see same issues with Loading/Unloading of Effects, which could result in double loades of effects. So here are also issues on the plattform engine side, which needs to be fixed.

Ok, this means we wait what P3D do with this . 

In the Meantime your new Files are very helpful . 

Are you planing to bring this Files with an Hotfix for EDDF ? 

Michael 

On 8/22/2017 at 10:43 PM, winstonwolf said:

Maybe it is possible to increase the radius from the DL Circle that the whole Airplane is in Light ?

You can modify the two FX files yourself and increase the radius to whatever you desire, but you'll take a performance hit in doing so (and may not get product support).  DL is extremely GPU intensive, even more so with high levels of AA like SSAA ... DL is a multi-pass process and does not operate "deferred" rendering like XP11 which would allow for slight improvement in performance of DL.  However, deferred rendering comes at a cost for other visually rendered elements, like AA and Shadow processing, etc. 

But as it stands now, Oliver has done a pretty amazing job getting so many DL lights working at one airport with good FPS.  DL is expensive no matter where you put it in the render pipeline, it works better later but don't expect miracles anytime soon for DL, best hope is better GPU performance (both AMD and nVidia are working some impressive future GPUs) and I wouldn't necessarily wait for LM to produce miracles ... however with that said they are fixing bugs and if DL based effects are being duplicated that could be a significant source of performance issues.

Cheers, Rob.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 22.8.2017 at 11:42, OPabst sagte:

Make a backup of the files AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF.fx and AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF-E.fx in the <P3DV4>\Effects Folder,

then unzip the attached file to <P3DV4>\Effects and restart the P3D.

Apronlight Test MAF P3DV4.zip

Hi, are you going to change more of the DL at the other ramps (J2 to J12 for example) and other floodlights?

Archived