Major issue with EDDF Professional

Flaix

Dear all 

I have a major issue after installing EDDF Professional

After downloading and installing nothing worked anymore. Well, I was able to start the main menu, but after selecting an airport (not only EDDF) the screen remained black after i clicked "start ". After 10 sec CTD. Issue disappeared after deinstalling EDDF. Please find the errors below.

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-08-17T14:15:57.258677400Z" />
  <EventRecordID>11617</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-GAK18KK</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>4.0.28.21686</Data>
  <Data>594a7255</Data>
  <Data>api.dll</Data>
  <Data>594a7300</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>00000000000155d1</Data>
  <Data>9d0</Data>
  <Data>01d3176330ee4523</Data>
  <Data>D:\P3D V4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>D:\P3D V4\api.dll</Data>
  <Data>cb02e789-36b3-4f88-9d86-4eef399f6698</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-08-17T14:00:33.421449000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>11599</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-GAK18KK</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>594a7255</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>10.0.14393.1532</Data>
  <Data>5965ac8c</Data>
  <Data>c000041d</Data>
  <Data>0000000000033c58</Data>
  <Data>564</Data>
  <Data>01d317610e822bc0</Data>
  <Data>D:\P3D V4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>314721e3-0c1a-4022-9fc9-f541635f4027</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Deleting the CFG file didn't help either.

Best
Simon

Just to check a few things...

1. Are you running P3DV4 "As Administrator"?

2. If you had the previous version of EDDF installed in P3DV4, did you uninstall and check the dll files to ensure it wasn't still in the file? AN uninstaller won't remove it from them as it's not really supposed to be there.

3. When you ran the EDDF Professional Installer, did you disable your computer security and run the installer "As Admin"?

I should be installing the EDDF Professional shortly and I'll check it for issues and report back here.

No issues at all at my side - but i had to add it manual to the library - if it was made for v4 why not use the new method to add it ? I installed as admin - and did run P3Dv4 as admin.

vor 2 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Just to check a few things...

1. Are you running P3DV4 "As Administrator"?

2. If you had the previous version of EDDF installed in P3DV4, did you uninstall and check the dll files to ensure it wasn't still in the file? AN uninstaller won't remove it from them as it's not really supposed to be there.

3. When you ran the EDDF Professional Installer, did you disable your computer security and run the installer "As Admin"?

I should be installing the EDDF Professional shortly and I'll check it for issues and report back here.

Thank you for your answer.

There is no EDDF installed in my p3dv4, as i strictly install p3dv4 ready add ons. I ran the installation and p3dv4 as admin. I have a already installed some aerosoft add ons in v4, and I never disabled antivirus - but I will try it later.

Now ... there seems to be an issue as ITholic needed to add it manually to the library, which shouldn't be the case (I never had to do this with aerosoft neither in fsx, p3d v3 or v4.

would be great if a developer would comment on the above reportings ...

For anyone having crashes after adding new scenery in v4, check this thread on the Prepar3D forums.  I and other users have encountered similar issues with other scenery packages (it's not specific to any one scenery either).  I have done extensive testing as have other users that you can read about in the thread.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126017

There appears to be a known bug with P3Dv4 at the moment that results in a CTD at scenario load in certain conditions when certain installed scenery count thresholds are exceeded.

I had an issue after installing EDDF Prof - the sim used to load alright with a default plane (Bonanza), then when loading the PMDG NGX I would get a CTD.

I disabled EDDF in the scenery config, and everything would be alright, the NGX would load flawlessly.

I then disabled another scenery (not related to EDDF) and re-enabled EDDF. After this, the NGX loaded flawlessly as well.

This really looks a lot like a P3Dv4 issue that can't handle more than a certain number of scenery config entries.

I agree with you

So basically I tried to deactivate some add ons in "add-ons" and added it manually in the scenery library ... the issue still occurs :(

what am I doing wrong?

EDDF is also not shown in "add ons". So there shouldn't be one add one "too much". As I am not very familiar with computers I may misunderstand the fix?

also move the FSDT Scenery (LSZH & LSGG) to the scenery-library, away from the addon-library. you can find the pathes to the actual scenery-folder in the addon.xml in the folder that is mentioned above ("C:\users\simon schölkopf\documents\prepare3d v4 addons\"). I did this for my FSDT scenery too. However, i did not deactivate SODE and the A2A accusim module, those are still active in the addon-menu.

Also, if you run orbx, try this:

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

so 1.) disable the other ones under "add ons" then 2.) add area under "scenery library" by selecting the path where i.e. FSDT Zurich is located?

That's what I did with the UK2000 sceneries and they are fully working. So i will do it for all of them. I only did a few because I thought it's enough to be within the count thresholds.

Best

Simon

yes, basically thats what I and some others did and things turned out to work fine. LM stated in the thread that they are going to come up with a fix to that issue.

vor 40 Minuten, ilc sagte:

yes, basically thats what I and some others did and things turned out to work fine. LM stated in the thread that they are going to come up with a fix to that issue.

that would be great ...

Archived