CRJ and default ATC

eke

Hi'

please help,

when i contact with default P3D4 ATC, then after a while  my ATC no longer active  and I have no choice  do something. It happens always only with CRJ. Do I have nothing to do somewhere in CRJ configuration?  Please indicate specifically where and what must do  that the ATC would work  like with others airplanes. I can not find myself (maybe my  poor english) reason.

regards

Happened twice to me yesterday. As a temporary fix you can "Force" a restart of the ATC system by opening the map window in P3D/FSX and modifying the heading of the aircraft by .1 degrees. Lets say that you open the Map window and your heading is shown as 170.2. Change that to 170.1 or 170.3 and click the Ok button. That will force a reload (without altering your flight) and the ATC will start responding again.

• Aerosoft
33 minutes ago, Cyberstudio said:

Happened twice to me yesterday. As a temporary fix you can "Force" a restart of the ATC system by opening the map window in P3D/FSX and modifying the heading of the aircraft by .1 degrees. Lets say that you open the Map window and your heading is shown as 170.2. Change that to 170.1 or 170.3 and click the Ok button. That will force a reload (without altering your flight) and the ATC will start responding again.

Yes but that is a well documented issue of the sim and I had it even in default aircraft. user eke has it specifically in the CRJ, something that would be rather special as there not really is any interaction between an aircraft and ATC. It's only location that is used.

HI

I have in P3D4 dozens payware  and some freeware planes and that has not happened to me that ATC " frozen". But now when using CRJ    ATC freezes always ( about 1 - 2 minutes after that when you contact with ATC).

So far i  flight with CRJ to Estonia, Sweden and  Norway.

Thanks for help! ( "Force" a restart of the ATC system )

regards

Hi

Sorry, it's my own fault!

ATC  stayed silent after sending squawk code. And I have to put it manually and everything works !

regards!

I do think it's just one of those FSX quirks, not airplane related. However, and while I have never thoroughly investigated it, I believe nav databases have something to do with it e.g. if you have two different versions installed - one in your flight planning software, the other being maybe a more updated one of the aircraft or visa versa - again, I'm simply making an assumption here since it's so rare that it's really only an inconvenience.I haven't heard about the map fix moving the heading a degree or two, will try that out the next time this happens.

Gotta go back flying this bird, I'm sooo in love with it - the CRJ was the reason I got my real wings 15 years ago :-)

Cheers,

Pete

Archived