Ground Air on the Wrong Side

I just noticed this tonight when doing a terminator flight (most of my CRJ flights are turns with the APU on) but you have the ground air hose (PCA) connected on the wrong side of the aircraft. The connection on the CA's side of the aircraft is for an air start. PCA is connected on the FO's side rear of the aircraft. I work on the ramp around these birds all day. I can best be seen in this picture below. 

getasset.aspx?itemid=55652

Not a deal breaker but I would have thought that a project with real CRJ pilots would have seen this and corrected it. 

22 hours ago, dkinder5063 said:

I just noticed this tonight when doing a terminator flight (most of my CRJ flights are turns with the APU on) but you have the ground air hose (PCA) connected on the wrong side of the aircraft. The connection on the CA's side of the aircraft is for an air start. PCA is connected on the FO's side rear of the aircraft. I work on the ramp around these birds all day. I can best be seen in this picture below. 

Not a deal breaker but I would have thought that a project with real CRJ pilots would have seen this and corrected it. 

Hi dkinder5063 -- Actually, it looks like the Ground Air connection in the CRJ is simulating a high-pressure air cart (based on the size of the hose and connection location).  This is consistent with what is being shown on the ECS page (31 psi...irl this is more like 40 psi, which is required for an air-start).  The high pressure ground air cart is normally used for engine starts when the APU is deferred (as you know from working with your experience on the ramp), but the high pressure cart can also be used to run the ac packs when the APU is deferred, as opposed to the low pressure (big diameter hose) air, which does nothing more than blow air (hot or cold) into the ducting system to cool or heat the cabin.  I verified this in the sim by hooking up the ground air and started an engine.  Something which would not have been possible on a low pressure connection. Maybe to avoid confusion, AS could rename the ground air button to hi pressure air-cart. In any case, it looks like everything is correct with regards to the animation based on the cockpit indications.  

Archived