CRJ Issues (Flightpath, TOD)

Good evening,

Been having issues with the CRJ after the latest updates. Seems that the aircraft will not follow flight path properly. 

Here are the details

P3DV4

ASP4 + ASCA

Orbx NRM + PNW

FSimStufios Calgary

FSDT Vancouver

CRJ 900 Version: 1.0.0.5

i5-7600

GTX 1050ti

Corsair Vengence 8GB 2400mhz

1TB SSD

Route: CYYC > CYVR

Flightplan: PIGEN2 V304 SPRAE J508 MERYT DCT BOOTH BOOTH1

Upon entering the SPRAE way point on departure, the flight director showed a right turn when the aircraft started a left turn. (Should be a left turn towards J508 > MERYT). So, the aircraft did the proper turn towards MERYT, however, the FD eventually caught up with the aircraft. Shortly after, the aircraft continued the left turn (totally missing the flight path) until I disengaged NAV mode. I recovered with heading but, upon selecting Direct MERYT and activating NAV, the aircraft started a left turn again. I tried fixing the issue by selecting direct to MERYT but, no flight path was drawn on the ND. I've tried multiple way points which showed the same result. I took a screenshot of direct VITEV. (Attached). 

My last issue is with TOD. As you can see by my other attached file, it shows two TOD markers on the ND page. This happen after I selected the direct to function. The aircraft advisory VNAV did not work after that. Totally missed the Alt restrictions and TOD indication. I ended up canceling the flight. Please let me know if you would like me to test something on my end.

Thanks for your time.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

25 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

This topic has been reported and discussed to death already. There's really no point creating yet another thread for it.

Sorry for opening another thread. I may not spend as much time on the forums as others, so I may not be up to date with the latest. I wanted to ensure that you were aware of the specific route I had these issues on.

Which thread should I be looking at?

13 minutes ago, Tino. said:

Sorry for opening another thread. I may not spend as much time on the forums as others, so I may not be up to date with the latest. I wanted to ensure that you were aware of the specific route I had these issues on.

Which thread should I be looking at?

Have fun looking for it. You should be aware that I can see who clicked "Downvote".

43 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Have fun looking for it. You should be aware that I can see who clicked "Downvote".

I simply hit down vote because I didn't think your answer was beneficial nor helpful. Isn't that what the vote system is for? It shouldn't be anything personal. 

As I stated in my reply, I wanted to ensure you had all the details on the occurrence. I have yet to see a topic with dual TOD markers... 

Unbelievable.... Nice attitude to have towards your paying customers.

I see that a beta service pack was provided for the NAV issue, so I will give that a shot.

Although, I have searched the forum for dual TOD markers on the ND. Did not come up with anything, I'm afraid. Does 1.0.0.5c address this issue?

Thanks.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Hey Hans, you should really stop being so rude to your customers simply reporting that the CRJ is LITTERED with bugs. Even after the CRJ hot fix that was "supposed" to fix the flightpath issues, they are still present. After a flight today, the CRJ wouldn't even turn to follow it's flightpath, and I would have to manually turn the aircraft every single time. In addition, it can't even stay on a straight line and continues to veer off the path. Pretty un-flyable at this point. Sad.

Go ahead and down vote my comment all you want. But it's the truth

8 minutes ago, nealmac said:

It fixed it for me, and it seems that it fixed it for most people.

Thanks Neal! I'll give that a go and report back if it still happens.

1005 with hotfix works reasonably for me.  If you select halfbank on the AFC Panel (the one with Alt etc) it reduces the scale of some of the S-bends when they occur.  Also the TOD never seems right, it is too close to the endpoint so you can end up too high at your destination.  However most flightplans have altitude requirements or targets at waypoints so I start descent using the 3x rule, then use VS to adjust descent rate to get to the next waypoint target.  Remember the real plane does not have a pre-calculated VNav path, nor an auto-Throttle to do the work for you.   If you choose to use VS mode, then remember you control speed with the throttle, and sometimes like the real world to get a sufficiently steep descent you need the spoilers in operation.  It does make flying a whole lot more interesting.  Yes Hans there are still a lot of bugs, but the CRJ is basically a beautiful well made add-on with some elements, mostly associated with the FMS, that still need work.

Archived