Performance question

Have you ever updated your graphic drivers?  If so, you might try a wipe of your graphic drivers and then reinstall the latest NVIDIA Driver. I'd also make sure all three legacy version are installed, and the C++ Redistributable 2015 is installed and up to date (there was a recent release).

Also, P3DV4 handles frames entirely differently than FSX or previous versions of P3D.  You might try setting frames to unlimited with VSync On and Triple Buffer and see how that works.

19 minutes ago, CrazyTraveller said:

Hello, 

I spent almost all my day to look after any solutions in the forums. I do have a problem of bouncing frames in the CRJ that I don't have with other aircrafts. I'm using P3Dv4 , I have all the ORBX Open LC and FTX Range, Ma,y complex Airposts such as FT EHAM etc, I did my tests at the very last EDDF Pro. With the TFDi 717 and with the PMDG Range aircraft i can maintain a stable 30 fps (FPS locked in the NI) and everything is smooth. I have no tweaks. I have a clean install of P3D and already reseted my CFG files and cleared the shader folder. I even reinstalled the P3D client. The bouncing frames make my sim stutters and break the smooth experience I have with other aircrafts. My Sys is I7 6770 K OC at 4.4, GTX 1080 TI, 32 GO of RAM and an Samsung EVO960 1TB. Can you help me please?

I also have erratic frame rates and slightly poor performance with the CRJ. You mentioned the TFDi 717. The 717 had similar problems on my system until a few updates ago when they discovered some solution. Prior to the update, the 717 performed very much as the CRJ does on my system now. The 717 is smooth now, the CRJ is not. I also have all of the PMDG and they perform smoothly.

I realize this doesn't offer any insight, but I thought I'd mention it. Very similar problem which was solved.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you ever updated your graphic drivers?  If so, you might try a wipe of your graphic drivers and then reinstall the latest NVIDIA Driver. I'd also make sure all three legacy version are installed, and the C++ Redistributable 2015 is installed and up to date (there was a recent release).

Also, P3DV4 handles frames entirely differently than FSX or previous versions of P3D.  You might try setting frames to unlimited with VSync On and Triple Buffer and see how that works.

Graphic drivers are up to date and c++ also. What di you call "all three legacy version" ? I don't get you on this point. I have messed around with VSync and Tripple Buffer and my sim is smooth with all my other add on even on dense areas

1 hour ago, jimst57 said:

I also have erratic frame rates and slightly poor performance with the CRJ. You mentioned the TFDi 717. The 717 had similar problems on my system until a few updates ago when they discovered some solution. Prior to the update, the 717 performed very much as the CRJ does on my system now. The 717 is smooth now, the CRJ is not. I also have all of the PMDG and they perform smoothly.

I realize this doesn't offer any insight, but I thought I'd mention it. Very similar problem which was solved.

Sama here... before one of the lmast update, it was the same with the 717 but now it's smooth

51 minutes ago, Motormike said:

Look into the video of Bilbao Valencia above and try this settings.

I've tried already but it didn't helped me 

• Aerosoft

oIs there a reason why you look at your framerates? As we explained we decided not to artificially lock framerates to make it look more 'stable' as some other developers do. Now I can very much imagine this causes issue with people who got tweaked sims where they lock cores etc. but the vast majority of customers will simply not see any negative effect unless they start to look at fps. 

We now have 13 people who feel the fluctuating framerates are abnormal. While I do seem them, they do not affect fluidity on any of our test systems. In fact, letting the sim handle things makes it MORE fluid. So while I do accept it hurts your experience, we do not not intend to change things for the worst for just 13 customers. That would be rather silly.

38 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry, edit got me.  All three legacy versions of SimConnect.

Yep everything is installed

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

oIs there a reason why you look at your framerates? As we explained we decided not to artificially lock framerates to make it look more 'stable' as some other developers do. Now I can very much imagine this causes issue with people who got tweaked sims where they lock cores etc. but the vast majority of customers will simply not see any negative effect unless they start to look at fps. 

We now have 13 people who feel the fluctuating framerates are abnormal. While I do seem them, they do not affect fluidity on any of our test systems. In fact, letting the sim handle things makes it MORE fluid. So while I do accept it hurts your experience, we do not not intend to change things for the worst for just 13 customers. That would be rather silly.

I understand your point of view but I'm a bit desapointed. I lock my frame otherwise I have bouncing frames and it kills the smoothness of my sim. I've tried again to unlock the frames but it's worse.. Believe me I prefer flying than tweaking. As I even remove the small OC of my CPU and nothing changed.I just want to understand what's going wrong to fly this gorgeous lady. I'm not blaming the product as I'm always happy with your birds.

• Aerosoft

CrazyTraveller, what specifically would you like me to do? 

See if you wipe your disk, install Win10 64 bits, the sim and P3D V4 we are 100% sure you will see fluctuating framerates but when you do not show them on screen you will experience none of the issue you report. I have no idea on how you have set up your sim or how you limit your framerate. In our experience (from a professional point of view where we have done serious testing on identical machines side by side) any limiting of framerate is not effective (unless you get fps over 70, then it is almost mandatory). 

Now I know I am going against dozens of websites and experts, but I simply have never seen a repeatable experiment where a tweaked and untweaked system are tested as we do. I fully understand people feel they doubled their fps or gotten rid of (micro)stutters, I simply state that when we asked these people to put their tweaks up to a serious side by side test they all failed to deliver. Sure some get better FPS, but at the cost of degraded visuals. of they get better visuals at the cost of stability of framerate or fps.

We spend weeks and weeks on this because of a professional project that demanded 60 hz. The only thing that was perfectly clear was that FSX:SP2 without the highmem tweak is mandatory. ON all the other machines, from 2 core to 8 core, from 1060 GPU's to SLI 1080 we did not find ANY tweak that delivered in all conditions. In 90% of cases a clean OS, a default install of the sim will give you the best overall results.

I love tweaking my sim as much as the next person, but I do not expect results, lol.

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

CrazyTraveller, what specifically would you like me to do? 

See if you wipe your disk, install Win10 64 bits, the sim and P3D V4 we are 100% sure you will see fluctuating framerates but when you do not show them on screen you will experience none of the issue you report. I have no idea on how you have set up your sim or how you limit your framerate. In our experience (from a professional point of view where we have done serious testing on identical machines side by side) any limiting of framerate is not effective (unless you get fps over 70, then it is almost mandatory). 

Now I know I am going against dozens of websites and experts, but I simply have never seen a repeatable experiment where a tweaked and untweaked system are tested as we do. I fully understand people feel they doubled their fps or gotten rid of (micro)stutters, I simply state that when we asked these people to put their tweaks up to a serious side by side test they all failed to deliver. Sure some get better FPS, but at the cost of degraded visuals. of they get better visuals at the cost of stability of framerate or fps.

We spend weeks and weeks on this because of a professional project that demanded 60 hz. The only thing that was perfectly clear was that FSX:SP2 without the highmem tweak is mandatory. ON all the other machines, from 2 core to 8 core, from 1060 GPU's to SLI 1080 we did not find ANY tweak that delivered in all conditions. In 90% of cases a clean OS, a default install of the sim will give you the best overall results.

I love tweaking my sim as much as the next person, but I do not expect results, lol.

I'm not a FPS geek...if my sim run smooth then I remove the indicator to enjoy my flight. I've unlocked the frame totally and with the PMDG 747 it bounces from 90 to 30 which is good enough to fly smooth. 

What I'm doing right now is to download the CRJ again to do a fresh install.... next step might be a fresh reinstall of windows ... 

Don't believe I'm note listening all the professionals... I'm wise enough to do so and I don't have the knowledge to do thing on my own I don't understand.

One of my rig specification is that I have windows installed on an SSD (Samsung 860 evo), My sim is on and NVe (Samsung  960 EVO) and my one drive folder (with the document folder) is on a HD (because it's a 2TB HD and I stock there all my add on) I don't know if it change something or not. 

What would you recommend? If you tell me the a fresh install of windows will give me better results I'll go for it :) 

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The only thing I can say is that we simply have never seen the issue you face (stutters) on a clean machine.

I finally made the jump and did a fresh install of W10...and P3D works like a charm as the CRJ also. Thanks for your support and advise. And also for the quick answers. Next step the scarebus ...;-)Keep up the good job 

Archived