Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Trident Starting Its Engines In Winter

That's a brilliant picture - an airline and aircraft I knew well many years ago. Channel was a typical British airline dating I think from the late 40's. Ended up with HS748s, Viscounts, Comets and Tridents, based mainly at Southend. Flew them once around 1966, HS748 from Castle Donington (now East Midlands) to Southend, the aircraft continued to Jersey and back and I caught the return to EMA.

Happy days when spotting was varied and easy; not quite so much fun when I started to work in the industry...

You will have perhaps noticed the livery - Channel bought some Viscounts from Continental and adopted the colour scheme for all their aircraft. although towards the end I don't think all the Comets got repainted.

Thanks for the pic.

Bermuda425 and Jonesrob,

Thanks for very kind words.

Jonesrob,  thanks for interesting explanations on history of Channel Airways.   Also this airline operated BAC1-11 jets too.  You are right that Channel Airways liked Continental airline livery so much that the British airline was using the American based airline's livery for the British planes.

Regards,

Aharon