Tutorial document findings

I don't know if there is already a list of 'bugs' in the tutorial flight? Most eye-catching are naturally that the screen captures sometimes match neither a 'before' nor an 'after', or maybe have been made from alfa or beta versions so the FMS text doesn't match exactly. Also the VTU5 SID doesn't exists in the provided nav data, but VTU7 does, and both are mentioned in the text. Apart from that, I'm simply not an experienced airliner flyer, virtual nor real, so I easily get confused when the text doesn't match what I see, so I start worrying I missed something important. As an example of that last one, on page 2-1-10 step 9 it says to verify the bleed source is set to "Both engines", while during the API start it was set to "APU".

Findings so far:

1. On page 2-1-38, while entering data the page switches to "MOD FPLAN", and the flight number is at LSK 3L rather than LSK 5R as referred to in the text.
  2. On page 2-1-39, no "ARR" is shown for KLAX, nor a "DEP" for KMRY. Though VTU7 was mentioned on 3-1-6 and 3-1-7, here the text uses (the no longer existing) VTU5.
  3. On page 2-1-46 it says to use the FPLAN key to step through the plan, but the screenshot shows the LEGS page. Then again, while selecting PLAN mode on the lower knob works, the upper knob still only selects RANGE, so I cannot step through.
  4. On page 2-1-52 it says to start engine 2, but (don't hit me) the buttons are marked "L"eft and "R"ight. The fly-over help text however mentions 1 and 2.
  5. When arrived at page 2-1-54, did I miss switching on the window heat somewhere? Maybe that was somewhere in the "CHECK" flows. Lazy me got used to having "CHECK" flows actually not involve changing settings, whereas several did in fact require me to do that.

Got it off the ground eventually, but certainly made a bunch of mistakes.

• 1 month later...

Archived