GSX files

Hi, just installed CRJ on P3Dv3.

But, where do the provided GSX files go?. I have GSX installed but still no clue what to do with the provided files. Can someone enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance.

Norbert

Hi Norbert,

I only have FSX, but I have a feeling the path is very similar if not the same. Look in (your may differ by harddrive and your name) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali

I there you'll find an airplanes folder, that's where you copy them :-)

Cheers,

Pete

I have a Virtuali folder in the indicated location, but it contains no "Airplanes" folder. There is a folder called "GSX" which is empty. 

My GSX user manual says that an aircraft-specific gsx.cfg file can be placed in the root folder of the aircraft (where aircraft.cfg also resides), which I have done - but not sure it is having any effect. 

This is is a question for the Virtuali forums I suppose.

Thank you Norbert for bringing this up.  I did as the manual  said and went to  D:\prepar3dv4\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ.   I could not determine any GSX files there?   What is the file name?   I also went to C:\Users\markm\AppData\Roaming\virtuali and there was no Airplane folder?   Am I looking at the wrong place.   I would appreciate help...Thank you in advance.

So I found the GSX Files from Aerosoft it is in the Aerosoft Directory vs. the Digital Aviation CRJ directory.   I have renamed the files without the CFG1 etc to blank.   I moved them to the GSX Directory.  The system still does not recognize the entries (Baggage vehicles do not respond).  Should I take this to FSDreamTeam?

1 hour ago, ArizonaFlyer said:

So I found the GSX Files from Aerosoft it is in the Aerosoft Directory vs. the Digital Aviation CRJ directory.   I have renamed the files without the CFG1 etc to blank.   I moved them to the GSX Directory.  The system still does not recognize the entries (Baggage vehicles do not respond).  Should I take this to FSDreamTeam?

copy-paste each GSX.cfg file directly into each model's folder. That should work for you and you don't need to put them into GSX folder. 

Archived