Aerosoft?? CRJ ... :-(

With all the updates I couldn't keep up ... but installed the new v1.005 tonight and attempted to do a flight I did last night with a B738

KTEX DVC DICEE CUNDY TORPY CLIPP LVELL KSAN

1. Programmed the flightplan and when I switch from APU to engines the flightplan was gone and had to redo it
  2. Took off and engaged the AP while FMS was displayed in PFD ... all went well until TOPRY intersection and then plane started to turn left to who knows where
  3. FMS still displayed in PFD but the plane kept turning left. Engaged HDG and got back on track. Pressed DIR to CLIPP and then continued to the STAR via TNP
  4. From TNP heavy thunderstorms and only one little green spot on ND. Gain full, tilted -4.  Lot's of AI traffic but none displayed. I've tried ABOVE and BELOW and pressed the TFC a few times on left front panel but nada on ND
  5. It seems the CRJ turns too quickly before a waypoint and then tries to correct itself and then it's a mess
  6. Turned for LOC and GS that it managed to maintain and on short finals - KAPPAAAW BOOOOM!! - out of P3D4 to desktop ... no warning, no nothing - it just quit P3D4 altogether.
  7. All the excitement, programming, checklists down to line, 1h40 minutes in flight, the end.

What's going on? Is it a bug(s) or am I too stupid to fly this plane?

Regarding point 1 - while you have the APU powered on, check to make sure the # 1 and 2 generator switch is set to auto (upper panel) and the transfer mode is also set to auto (the light should be off). There was something changed in 1.0.0.5 that caused the generator switches to be turned off when cold & dark is selected from Dave. I burned myself exactly the same way, then caught what was going on. You probably lost power when you switched off ground power or the APU which is why you had to start over. 

There is a known issue with 1.0.0.5 in the panel dll not functioning correctly - see this post and install the 1.0.0.5c. It should correct the oddness with Nav tracking:

9 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

see this post and install the 1.0.0.5c

Thank you so much for the GENERATOR correction. Will amend my checklist ;)

And thank you for the 1005c link ... although I'm sure by the time I have time to fly again, it will be 1005h (LOL)

... and may there be a good explanation why the whole thing will bomb out before touchdown.

Hey Terblanche,

On the CTD issue are you using Orbx KSAN? And it looks like P3D v4? If so I am getting CTDs on approach there in other planes... others are too. Their objectflow is still beta but it is looking like complex planes are triggering it or UTlive or who knows. Check their forums.

Archived