Clicking Buttons

I noticed that when clicking on buttons in the VC they sometimes get "stuck" and I have to click on them two or three times. For example, I may click on an FMS key and it will depress the key and it will stay depressed with no corresponding action in the FMS. I then have to click it again to perform the function. This also happens with some of the autopilot controls and overhead buttons.

This is happening to me as well. Only in the CRJ. The mouse pointer turns into a closed hand, like the left click was held down. Most times I have to click a button twice for the action to 'take'.

Not sure it is the same issue but I cannot seem to turn on the APU since the last update.  The fist closes on both switches and then nothing happens.  So the cycle begins as to do it over and over wondering if I am turning it off and on.  Putting it into either of the other states starts it so just a minor annoyance.  I have total confidence all these things will be fixed in time.  I really enjoy flying this plane and am grateful for the work being put into it to make is nearly perfect!

On 12.8.2017 at 10:30 AM, Caribpilot said:

I noticed that when clicking on buttons in the VC they sometimes get "stuck" and I have to click on them two or three times.

The animation works like this: On pressing the mouse button, the button is pushed in completely (full in). When you release the mouse button, it comes back out a bit and stays there (60% in). If you click again, it goes to full and on release it goes back to full out. Is it possible that this gives you the impression of the button being stuck?

7 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The animation works like this: On pressing the mouse button, the button is pushed in completely (full in). When you release the mouse button, it comes back out a bit and stays there (60% in). If you click again, it goes to full and on release it goes back to full out. Is it possible that this gives you the impression of the button being stuck?

Correct. I does give the impression that the button is being stuck and sometimes it can happen at the worst times like trying to use AP functions while flying.

6 hours ago, Caribpilot said:

Correct. I does give the impression that the button is being stuck and sometimes it can happen at the worst times like trying to use AP functions while flying.

The AP buttons don't use that animation feature. Only the pushbuttons on the overhead.

Hans, I don't think he's talking so much about the actual buttons in the cockpit. It's the little "hand" pointer that seems to be the problem. When you click the button, the pointer changes from a finger to a closed fist. When you release the button the closed fist changes back to a finger again. However, on some occasions, when you release the mouse button, the pointer remains as a closed fist. This has only happened to me a few times, and it's fixed by just giving the mouse another click.

Archived