Strange :) behaviour at Florence from those crazy Italians

ightenhill

The main reason why runways and parking stands at LIRQ were almost entirely redesigned last year, was to accomodate the A319/320.

Before, the largest jet you would see was the BaE-146. During 2006, the runway was redone in order to support the heavier jets. Is still a little bit short, but that's part of the fun. ILS was aligned as well. Before, LIRQ had an offset ILS, now is aligned with the runway.

Revised parking stands were completed only a few weeks ago, and FlorenceX already includes the very latest situation, updated to June 2007.

Just to add a little more .. I am struggling landing the Feel there PIC A319 here at low weights at low approach speeds.. Apparantly the Alitalia A319s are fitted with something called a "Florence kit on the slats which allows for slower than usual approaches

• Aerosoft
Just to add a little more .. I am struggling landing the Feel there PIC A319 here at low weights at low approach speeds.. Apparantly the Alitalia A319s are fitted with something called a "Florence kit on the slats which allows for slower than usual approaches

I was wondering about that as well. In certain wind conditions and with the high temperatures that are not abnormal in this region it must be a bitch to land a heavy 319 there. But as Umberto wrote, that's certainly part of the fun!