A pleasant surprise with nosewheel steering

JRBarrett

With 1.0.0.5 in P3DV4, I discovered that the nose wheel steering switch now works correctly. At the moment, I am not using an axis - just steering on the ground with the rudder pedals. I noticed that if I turn the switch "off", I can no longer steer with the pedals - which is correct. I didn't see that specifically on the list of fixes in 1.0.0.5, but it is the first time I have seen the switch working in P3D V4.

Jim Barrett

Just discovered the same - unlikely I did not test that in the former version. But for me there is no difference in turning it on or of, steering is always possible.

28 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Jim,I hate to tell you that, but I didn't change anything about the nose wheel steering ;) 

Amazing! Apparently something else that was changed affects it, because the switch never did anything before, and now it works.

Mysteries of software!

Jim Barrett

What's weird for me is I can only use the Steering Set from FSUIPC if I turn the nose wheel steering switch off.

I assigned Steering Set to my X-55 mini thumbstick (x axis) and with the switch on I can barely steer the aircraft.

So I just leave the switch off.... [emoji185]

I was using the P3DV4 steering set axis assigned to a spare lever on my TQ. It worked fine, but ALWAYS worked, no matter what the switch position - as did rudder pedal steering.

With the install of 1.0.0.5, I disabled the P3D steering axis, but now rudder pedal steering works only when the switch is on - (as it should). Apparently Hans made no code changes in this area, but the switch is now functioning.

Archived