Blocks do not come off - 1.0.0.5

9 hours ago, Motormike said:

Joke hide - if i do this as soon as i loaded, then it functions to 99% and i am sure they will improve this.

That's unfortunately more difficult than you might think. The reason for this behaviour succeeds in hiding from us. We had the same issues during beta (only for about 10% of the testers at any time), but after some changes, it has been confirmed as fixed. Right now, I admit that neither Stefan nor me have the slightest clue what causes strange behaviour of the yoke, the bleed valves and the blocks.

31 minutes ago, chillin said:

So what are we supposed to read into the above statement?  That perhaps this issue is in our collective imagination?

No, just read into it what he said: Nothing has changed there since 1.0.0.0. I would know if it had unless I spent my nights with sleep-walk-programming....

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, just read into it what he said: Nothing has changed there since 1.0.0.0. I would know if it had unless I spent my nights with sleep-walk-programming....

Hello Hans.   My yoke used to hide in 1.0.0.1 but now with 1.0.0.5.c doesn't.  FSX-SE.

32 minutes ago, Jaas said:

Hello Hans.   My yoke used to hide in 1.0.0.1 but now with 1.0.0.5.c doesn't.  FSX-SE.

Just tried again.  Clicked the clickspot as soon as plane loaded up ( default state) and it works!

Yeah sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I will just deal with it I guess as it seems I have to for now. Loading a default aircraft seems to help most the time so thanks for that.

I'm also having the same problem with the chocks, ground power and ground air, on P3Dv4. I always load the default yellow piper cub first and then I switch to the CRJ.

For what it's worth, the click spot for hiding the yoke only works if I load a default aircraft first. For now, I'm just starting the APU from batterey power. However, I'm using a lot of fuel doing this.

Using version 1.0.0.5c

4 hours ago, Airbus666 said:

Guys, you have to click "Save" and then you can disconnect the GPU, Chocks etc.! For me it worked in that way.

Please give feedback whether it worked or not.

I'll give it a go this evening, but as far as I can remember the ground services page doesn't have an option to save?

27 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I'll give it a go this evening, but as far as I can remember the ground services page doesn't have an option to save?

It definitely has an option button. Should work.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No. Ground services settings are not saved.

Hm but when I was in the CRJ I had the same issue. The GPU plus the Wheel Chocks did not come off as long as I do not click save.

NO it isn't my system you have a bug someplace or something going on you need to look at.... WHY would others have the same issue....? maybe a few yea but I have a feeling it isn't just a few imagine all the people that have this going on that you don't know about.... 

5 hours ago, brndn220 said:

NO it isn't my system you have a bug someplace or something going on you need to look at.... WHY would others have the same issue....? maybe a few yea but I have a feeling it isn't just a few imagine all the people that have this going on that you don't know about.... 

Eh, calm down. No has blamed "your system". For what it's worth, I agree with you. I think it's a bug as well. Even Hans himself has said that this issue was present in Beta testing, but it had been fixed. Now it's pretty apparent that it has NOT been fixed. To be fair to the Beta team, we all have different systems, so it's impossible for them to find and fix every single issue before release.

This product is very new. There will be further updates and improvements. I know it's a pain in the arse, but I would suggest that for now, just don't use chocks or ground power, and see what develops in later updates. At the end of the day, the plane is perfectly flyable and an issue like this shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of it.

14 hours ago, nealmac said:

Eh, calm down. No has blamed "your system". For what it's worth, I agree with you. I think it's a bug as well. Even Hans himself has said that this issue was present in Beta testing, but it had been fixed. Now it's pretty apparent that it has NOT been fixed. To be fair to the Beta team, we all have different systems, so it's impossible for them to find and fix every single issue before release.

This product is very new. There will be further updates and improvements. I know it's a pain in the arse, but I would suggest that for now, just don't use chocks or ground power, and see what develops in later updates. At the end of the day, the plane is perfectly flyable and an issue like this shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of it.

I agree... I was just upset is all. 

Works fine for me in all versions that I've tested over the past year.

Are you positive that you have all the C++ Redistributables installed, and have you run the C++ Redist. Fixer?

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Works fine for me in all versions that I've tested over the past year.

Are you positive that you have all the C++ Redistributables installed, and have you run the C++ Redist. Fixer?

Dave

As I'm having the same issue, I'm gonna try this tonight to see does it solve it. Could you explain this in simple terms? I know nothing about C++ or what it does. I assume I don't need to know either? As long as it's up to date etc.

Thanks Tom, I'll have a look at this later. Unfortunately I dropped my joystick and broke it at the weekend so I can't do any flying, but that shouldn't stop me  from trying this out.

Archived