Blocks do not come off - 1.0.0.5

This is annoying.  If you set the blocks, it's impossible to remove them.  Your flight is pretty much finished at that point as the sim thinks the parking brake is set.  Please fix this - new bug in 1.0.0.5.

Thanks.

Ilya

Gentlemen, 

I had the same issue. it also affected the ground power and ground air. I tried saving and powering the pad off and on and tried the co pilot pad as well.  Started after the 1.0.0.5 update. restarting the sim seems to have resolved the issue. 

John Wilkins

2 hours ago, John W said:

Gentlemen, 

I had the same issue. it also affected the ground power and ground air. I tried saving and powering the pad off and on and tried the co pilot pad as well.  Started after the 1.0.0.5 update. restarting the sim seems to have resolved the issue. 

John Wilkins

Same here.  Restarting the sim was the only solution.  P3Dv4.  If nothing has changed, then the issue was always there.

Ilya

Same issue here. It happened when I used the new "turnaround state" feature in DAVE. I didn't apply the chocks and GPU/Air Unit individually. After I set the turnaround state and pre-flighted the aircraft I tried to remove everything to push and It didn't work. Tried save and turning off tablet but it didn't help. Restart sim was my only option to fly but after that I just used the APU at the gate with parking brakes, didn't use the chocks/GPU/Air unit again to avoid it ruining my flight. Didn't have this issue with the previous version 1.0.0.4 in P3Dv4 but I also didn't have the turnaround state, I just set the ground connections individually. Maybe look at that new aircraft state being the problem?

I always love reading through these threads... It's nearly always the same, when people encounter something not working as expected, that it must be a bug. Why is there never any indication, that the user himself (or herself) is doing something wrong...?

The commonality in these posts are always the introduction, that something's found, which is wrong or doesn't work, and automatically the user assume, that the product is at fault and that the developer must immediately fix this.

There's never an introduction like: "Hi all. XXXX isn't working correctly for me. I tried the doing YYYY, and are experiencing something unexpected or the expected response didn't happen. Am I doing something wrong or did I miss something? I tried following the manual/tutorial and/or have tried troubleshooting etc etc...". 

Now before you all start jumping down on me (don't kill the messenger, btw), I'm not saying, that the product could never be at fault. Sometimes, that is the case... But in my experience, many times it's a local problem at the users computer, which causes unexpected behavior. Please keep in mind, that a general bug in any product, would most likely be something all users would experience.

I'm sorry for this post, but I just thought that I would advice, that - at least - some basic troubleshooting would be required when reporting something not working... 

Think of the poor developers and/or supporters! :)

Happy flying, everyone!

I had this issue (unclickable chocks and ground power in Dave), the very first time I loaded the aircraft after a new install of 1.0.0.5, but after exiting the sim completely (P3DV4) and restarting, the problem was fixed and has not happened again on any subsequent flights.

7 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I had this issue (unclickable chocks and ground power in Dave), the very first time I loaded the aircraft after a new install of 1.0.0.5, but after exiting the sim completely (P3DV4) and restarting, the problem was fixed and has not happened again on any subsequent flights.

Bingo.

7 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I always love reading through these threads... It's nearly always the same, when people encounter something not working as expected, that it must be a bug. Why is there never any indication, that the user himself (or herself) is doing something wrong...?

The commonality in these posts are always the introduction, that something's found, which is wrong or doesn't work, and automatically the user assume, that the product is at fault and that the developer must immediately fix this.

There's never an introduction like: "Hi all. XXXX isn't working correctly for me. I tried the doing YYYY, and are experiencing something unexpected or the expected response didn't happen. Am I doing something wrong or did I miss something? I tried following the manual/tutorial and/or have tried troubleshooting etc etc...". 

Now before you all start jumping down on me (don't kill the messenger, btw), I'm not saying, that the product could never be at fault. Sometimes, that is the case... But in my experience, many times it's a local problem at the users computer, which causes unexpected behavior. Please keep in mind, that a general bug in any product, would most likely be something all users would experience.

I'm sorry for this post, but I just thought that I would advice, that - at least - some basic troubleshooting would be required when reporting something not working... 

Think of the poor developers and/or supporters! :)

Happy flying, everyone!

That's true for some but not across the board.  My impression is that Mathijs in many cases assumes its user error.  This is from reading many threads around here.  Maybe he's going by personal experience but its a bit of a snooty attitude if you ask me vis-a vis your customer.  His is the opposite reaction...its never a bug and always user error.

Sorry for ranting.

Ilya

2 hours ago, chillin said:

That's true for some but not across the board.  My impression is that Mathijs in many cases assumes its user error.  This is from reading many threads around here.  Maybe he's going by personal experience but its a bit of a snooty attitude if you ask me vis-a vis your customer.  His is the opposite reaction...its never a bug and always user error.

Sorry for ranting.

Ilya

Somehow your post shows me as the quoted author of the original statement, when it was actually a different user. (Not that I disagree with his sentiments).

It's nothing you did - must be a glitch in the new forum software.

Jim Barrett

I also have this issue I reinstalled and everything... Also when I hit the area to hide the yoke it don't hide...  <_< SO with all the people having the same issue it must be something.

Quite frankly, I don't understand why it's frowned upon?!

In my experience and opinion, one should always assume, that when experiencing an error or unexpected behavior, that oneself / user is doing something wrong, instead of immediately blaming it on the product and/or developers!

I see a lot of that in here and other support forums. I'm not saying, that ALL people are behaving this way - but I see it a lot, sadly... Just jumping to conclusions and assuming that the product is faulty, just because they have a bad download or are mis-using the addon and/or their computer. All I asked in my previous, was some common sense and do just some basic troubleshooting, before filing bug reports and/or ranting on about how this should be fixed or how XXX could have been missed. If you ask me, that's a snooty, arrogant and ignorant attitude!

And let me just stop at that for a minute, @chillin. When you (and perhaps a few others) are reporting something not working or having problems with an addon, why do you think, that it's a 'snooty' attitude, for a developers/support team, to assume that you have done something wrong, instead of immediately beginning fault finding within their coding??? To be honest, it has nothing to do with 'snooty', rude or offensive behavior towards you or their customers. All that's happening, is asking, if the basic steps has been taken to alleviate the issue. The process of receiving support is a two-way-street! It requires the cooperation of both the developer/supporter AND the customer. To expect a developer to fix problems, without help and cooperation from the customer is just ridiculous, in my opinion!

To be honest, in the great book of "A-B-C of fault-finding", you start eliminating causes of an issue, by comparing your problem with existing tickets! Are these issues related or the same? It's always common sense and practice to assume that one-self is doing something wrong, instead of immediately begin complaining and yelling at the developer/re-seller that there's something wrong with the thing you've bought. 

In other cases, a problem can easily be solved by restarting or re-installing. Computers are highly complex systems and there's a quadrillion combinations or hardware / software / updates etc., to be taken into account. Sometimes these things just get 'jammed up' and restarting or re-installing fixes things. I know, it sounds quite weird, but in many, many cases - it helps.

With great power, becomes great responsibility! And you as the user/customer have the power and responsibility to do your end of the homework, before submitting tickets/posts/threads of problems. Just doing a little (I'm not asking for a lot - just the absolute basic) troubleshooting! For instance:

• Restarting the computer.
  • Re-downloading the addon.
  • Re-installing the addon.
  • Try unplucking all hardware.
  • Undoing any recent changes to the system.
  • Deactivating addons/plugins within the simulator.

These are just a few of the top of my head. In all honesty, I think all customers who's experiencing issues should try at least some basic troubleshooting. It's not that hard.

Down-vote me all you want! I understand, that this topic is a sensitive thing in here, apparently. But I still think I have a point. 

Okay, rant off, people. 

I've did do the following trust me. It was all good before I updated to the latest version. After I updated is when the issues started to happen. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, disk cleanup and so on and the issues haven't gone away. If it's errors that I have doubt about it only happens with this aircraft a aircraft I really like I might add. We are only reporting the issues that a number of other people also have, are computers must all have the same errors I guess. I'm not upset I was only trying to inform others I also have the same issues as others.... I apologize! :( 

I apologize if I was a bit short in my last post. I was just a bit upset after trying everything and nothing seemed to fix my issues. I finally gave up and went back to 1.0.0.4 for now, and I can now take the wheel blocks and ground power off again after I set them to on. 

I don´t understand your Problems really.

After some hours learning preparing and flying the CRJ´s I´m really shure that most problems come due not reading the manuals carefully.

Near all problems with unclickable spots, switches, or yoke hidden can be avoid if you load first, as mentioned in AOM Part1/Loading the CRJ, a default plane with running engines and after that loading the CRJ´s.

Do not use the free flight menue direct or you get some unexepected Trouble.

10 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

All that's happening, is asking, if the basic steps has been taken to alleviate the issue.

Oh, ok then.  The answer I received was:

On 8/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Nothing has changed in this regard since 1.0.0.0

So what are we supposed to read into the above statement?  That perhaps this issue is in our collective imagination?  I have seen many such responses from the Mathijs over the years.  Assume user error first.  I'm not criticizing Han's response which was exactly how the company should have responded in the first place.   

Ilya

Archived