Can't install new update...can't delete old folders

Please help.  I ran the uninstall for the previous version but it left the Aerosoft folder and aircraft folders.  I was able to delete the aerosoft folder by deleting its contents first but the aircraft folders (Aerosoft CRJ-900, Aerosoft Base, Aerosoft CRJ-700) I cannot even access.  It says I do not have user permission, and even though I am logged in as administrator I cannot change access permissions.  I get an error when I trying installing the new CRJ version because of these old folders.  Running Windows 10/FSX.

This is the same problem I am currently having (sorry I created another topic before finding this one). I can't even delete anything in the aerosoft folder as I don't have permissions either. I tried a full reboot and I made sure FSX wasn't running, yet the problem still exists. I no longer have access to the GSX, Navadata, and Support Files folders inside of the Digital Aviation CRJ folder which didn't delete after I ran the installer. I though maybe it just didn't uninstall properly, but when I went to uninstall again, I found that the uninstaller is also not functional because it is missing the uninstall log file. Attached to me is an example message of what has been popping up for the error message for me and I'm sure it is similar for Bornflying.

Please login to display this image.

I have great news! After trying a couple of different things, I finally found a solution to the problem. I saw in a different post Tom A320 recommended someone to download an app that unlocks folders. Well when I tried to just simply move the Digital Aviation CRJ folder from my aerosoft folder, it said another application was using something in the folder. This is when I downloaded the application that Tom recommended and it told me what was using it. So I then went into the task manager and ended that specific task. After wards, there wasn't even anything in my Digital Aviation CRJ folder and the installation went smoothly. Glad I found this fix before anyone time was wasted!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would have recommended that app to you as well in a next step. 

So what had its fingers on your CRJ folder? My guess would be your anti virus software. 

In all honesty, I can't remember exactly what it was that was causing the screw up. It wasn't a normal application name which leads me to believe it was something malicious on my end that possibly caused it, or made it worse.

Sorry for the late reply, I lost this post somehow.  Rebooting for some reason did the trick....the folders simply were not there after I rebooted. It was as if the folders were deleted the whole time but didn't show as such until rebooting.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived