v1.0.0.5 yoke hide click spots

So, for me at least, 1.0.0.5 has not fixed the hide yoke click spot not working and, in fact, it has broken this on the one repaint (Conviasa) where it was working in 1.0.0.4 :( - this does make it hard to adjust the displays in flight without making a hard turn to get the yoke out of the way!

Edit: it does seem to work on the Delta -900, so somewhat random still.

Cheers

The yoke thingy with the Conviasa in 1.0.0.4 was hit and miss for me. So I cannot really confirm that 1.0.0.5 actually broke it. Anyway, seeing the new issues that have appeared with 1.0.0.5 it might be better to install 1.0.0.6 right away. :rolleyes:

(Which, unfortunately, hasn't been released yet. :P)

I tried it this morning with 1.0.0.5 and for the first time it worked for me. I'll just see if that was pure luck when I get off work today. Not in too much if a rush based on the problem reports with 1.0.0.5. 

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, it's not in the list of fixes for 1.0.0.5, so what did you expect? ;)

Miracles, as always .... ;)   At least I found one livery that worked for me ... keep the updates coming!!

cheers

My FSX-SP2 is set up in a such way that when it start-up displays the Free Flight menu with Default Cessna 172.

CRJ 1.0.0.5

My observation: 

• Loading CRJ after default Cessna or Trike -  hide yoke OK
  • Loading a saved flight with CRJ (Including tutorial) from Free Flight menu  - breaks the click-spot functionality
    After initial loading yoke shows in full-left position before aircraft initialization.

using the clickspot the yoke disappears momentarily and re-appears

Tested with CRJ700 Airfrance (HOP!) and CRJ900 LH Regional

I've more or less found a 'trick' to get the yoke hide to work. Steps to reproduce:

• Prepare a flight at a given airport and choose the Piper cub as the aircraft. I usually spawn at a gate.
  • Wait for the sim to COMPLETELY load. I start ASv4 before I launch p3d. I usually let it sit for a few minutes with the Piper on the screen while weather is loading and all the textures are present. 
  • Click on the Vehicle menu and choose your CRJ of choice
  • This step is very crucial, and the timing has to be just right - Once the CRJ appears on the screen, there's a very short time the aircraft is starting up it's systems. You'll hear a sound almost immediately when it appears on the screen, and the yoke first will appear limp, then after this sound, the yoke is at center position. You have to be quick, because as soon as this happens, the engines start up (this all happens in a matter of a 1.5 seconds). You have to press the click spot before the engines start. If you press the click spot before the yoke moves to center position, it will reappear, and the click spot will not work for the remainder of that sim session.

• 2 weeks later...

Sir,

I had same problem, very frustrating.  After taking off after unsuccessfully trying to hide the yoke I by accident switched to the full screen view.  The yoke was not there.  I switched back to the windowed view (alt + enter) and found the yoke not there.  So for every flight I go to the full view, turn off the yoke (doesn't matter when) and then switch back to the windowed mode.  Then one flight I forgot to go to the full view mode clicked on the speed table and it worked (???).  Now it works every time. I am using Windows10 64 and P3D4

Archived