Mathijs Kok

Antonov An-2 preview (released)

45 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But there is a good many years between the two.... if would be bad if it would not be better in almost any aspect.

Absolutely. And you guys always do a very thorough job!

Hi, could you provide an estimation of a release date? Anyway, thanks for modeling this aircraft. Really looking forward to it.

I am done.... it's up to the commercial crew and the installer peeps at this moment. But the last installer looked pretty good (just a small issue with de-installing on a French Win7 system, yes we have to test all those combination, it's bloody hell) so when that is fixed, the product pages are done in all languages we'll be selling.

if this is as good as the Catalina, ill never fly anything else again! (other than a2a, those guys are great lol) the an2 is one of my favs because of how well it performs, so im glad to see aerosoft making one because while the sibwings is nice, they dropped out of the sim business...sad, it was a great bird, now will this one be like the catalina in that you can do cold starts realistically? thats what im hoping for, good work on the an2 though she looks beautiful

I have been waiting for a worthy replacement for the sibwings An-2. This certainly looks very promising. Good luck with the release soon. I look forward to the reviews. 

A

Nice. I hope the Installer guys are fast ;)

As I hear that this is probably not the Prepar3d Sound Engine. Does it use ASC?

We decided to release on Friday. Take note that this initial release is for P3d V4.1 only. The 32 bit version will follow soon.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Take note that this initial release is for P3d V4.1 only. The 32 bit version will follow soon.

But it will work in 4.0 as well if I'm correct

If you want to know why we do P3d V4 first...

image.png

P3d V4 is now almost as big as all the other sims together. 

im so happy this is a thing, its a work of art and i cant wait to put some hours on it, hopefully ill have the money to buy it, money is pretty tight now due to my bf being screwed at his work..sucks cause its christmas time and all...amazing work to the team that did this aircraft though, it looks fantastic

Looks great in the demo video Mathijs. I have never seen an An-2 so clean though, not even in a museum :)

Looking forward to seeing the Annie go live…

A

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you want to know why we do P3d V4 first...

image.png

P3d V4 is now almost as big as all the other sims together. 

I'm curious, was this an Aerosoft Forum pole or do those numbers come from a different source?

When do you anticipate the FSX release.Within days or weeks?

Cheers Chris

so, how in depth is this aircraft modeled? do you actually have to treat it like you would a real plane? much like an a2a aircraft? i hope it beats out the catalina you guys did a few years back, that thing is still a beast!