1.0.0.5 FMS flying Zickzack arround the path

Just installed the DLL into my version of P3D v4 and it did not fix the issue.  Was flying KSTL - KORD KSHEE3 LEBOY CASHN TRTLL4.  Follows FMS path until CASHN and then continues on a straight path and does not follow the FMS line.  Also, the indicator shows that I am still on the FMS path but am actually not.  This is after I 've installed the new dll.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12.8.2017 at 10:04 AM, slod said:

Not a big problem, I won't hijack this thread.  The answer to your question is no though, I don't use Chaseplane or Ezdok..  It only happens with the FMS pop-up - P3Dv4 hangs then CTD when re-sizing.

I found something yesterday, that might be the reason, although it happened when I resized the whole P3Dv4 windows. It seems that P3Dv4 generates completely new graphics contexts for all gauges in that case, so the stuff I use to draw things needs to be re-created as well. I've done that and can now resize the P3Dv4 window as much as I like. Let's hope it cures the resizing issues that some have as well.

@slod If you're interested to give it a try, please shoot me a PM.

On 11/08/2017 at 3:32 PM, nealmac said:

Um.....it's a difficult aircraft to get to grips with. That's just something you need to understand. No one get's it perfect on their first flight. You need to have a few goes in this bird before you get the hang of it.

You say you've only completed 1 flight, (which wasn't even the tutorial) and yet you seem to have a problem because you forgot to disengage the auto pilot? 

All I'm reading from your post is that you are upset because it's too complicated for you the manage.

Hi Neal.. No that`s not the case at all. Having read the tutorial I did the flight  in the same context but used different airports..  Half way through the flight the autopilot cut out of its own accord and I could not re activate it. This then caused me to have to hand fly the descent and star into LOWI without any automation. All the appropriate AP selectors were off.  Whilst on the runway during the breaking phase the throttles went to max thrust of their own accord and the aircraft lurched into the air of its own accord. The airspeed went from about 135 kts to 240 kts in about 1 second. It has been inferred this was an ORBX scenery problem, but I do not see how that would cause the throttle problem. I have now installed the zip file  mentioned in this thread and was flying from LFPG TO EDDL yesterday and was flying along nicely  tracking towards Paris when the autopilot cut off again in the cruise and would not re engage. P3DV4 then crashed. I have given up on this aircraft until all the bugs are fixed. 

Below is yesterdays fault log (which I know is not a ASCRJ.dll error)

Description
Faulting Application Path:    D:\P3DV4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.0.28.21686
Application Timestamp:    594a7255
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_e476
Fault Module Version:    10.0.15063.447
Fault Module Timestamp:    a329d3a8
Exception Code:    c0000374
Exception Offset:    PCH_F4_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A5EF4
OS Version:    10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    2057
Additional Information 1:    e476
Additional Information 2:    e476b4af0578d8169dea491fa187d817
Additional Information 3:    558d
Additional Information 4:    558de88db02fb111c42c39d5f82e3579

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    9c8ee3868e50dc47c3e731418a188f24 (120801511504)

This is another which occurred before.

Description
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ASCRJ.dll, version: 1.0.0.5, time stamp: 0x598aab22
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000173cf4
Faulting process ID: 0x36b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d311ebc4a5278c
Faulting application path: D:\P3DV4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ Base\panel\ASCRJ.dll
Report ID: 5e8786c3-8214-45d3-a4e1-9f52f3364ba5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I hope this makes sense.

Regards.. Rob

Still having problems with nav following, it doesn't seem to like tail or crosswinds very much. It seems to behave itself during climbout and descent, cruise is where it seems to have problems.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Still having problems with nav following, it doesn't seem to like tail or crosswinds very much. It seems to behave itself during climbout and descent, cruise is where it seems to have problems.

Yeah, tailwinds and quartering tailwinds have been a problem for payware airliners for a very, very long time.  I don't know if this will help with the CRJ (I'll test tomorrow afternoon),   but with other payware airliners the main culprit was the weather engine. One can temper and even eliminate these S-turns (if that's what is being described) by changing a few settings in your weather engine. If memory serves, reducing turbulence below 50% or eliminating additional/elevated injected turbulence should help tremendously (not suggesting getting rid of turbulence).

As I post this it's very late, and I'm afraid I have medical appointments tomorrow morning, but afterwards I'll do some testing and see if I can come up with a few ActiveSky2016 settings that will help and once I have them I'll post them here.  For those who can't wait, try Googling:

FSX PMDG NGX S Turn solution, or

FSX PMDG NGX STurn, or

FSX PMDG NGX S-Turn

Best wishes.

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, tailwinds and quartering tailwinds have been a problem for payware airliners for a very, very long time

It was a problem. I havnt seen S turn problems in quite a while now. (2+ years?) All the major aircraft have no issue tracking the nav even with crosswinds, head or tail winds in AS16 or ASN. The course is compensated accordingly. That includes the AS buses. The CRJ just needs some fine tuning in order to allow this compensation. High accuracy of the nav waypoints shouldnt be a difficult thing. Probably a very elusive but simple bug that is messing it up. 

Seems like the aircraft turns 6-7 mm before the waypoint but does so too aggressively and then misses the waypoint on the inboard side and then too aggressively tries to catch it as it is parallel to the course line but offset by quite a bit. I think this is what needs to be tuned.

Downloaded the latest version of 1.005 this morning and I am pleased to say It worked great for me. Did EGFF to EGPF and the FMC worked perfectly including a Star from EGFF and a SID into EGPF.  I completed my first flight. This was in P3DV4

Well done Hans looks like you have cracked  it.

22 minutes ago, robwin said:

Downloaded the latest version of 1.005 this morning and I am pleased to say It worked great for me. Did EGFF to EGPF and the FMC worked perfectly including a Star from EGFF and a SID into EGPF.  I completed my first flight. This was in P3DV4

Well done Hans looks like you have cracked  it.

Was this with any sort of weather addon/winds aloft?

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, tailwinds and quartering tailwinds have been a problem for payware airliners for a very, very long time.  I don't know if this will help with the CRJ (I'll test tomorrow afternoon),   but with other payware airliners the main culprit was the weather engine. One can temper and even eliminate these S-turns (if that's what is being described) by changing a few settings in your weather engine. If memory serves, reducing turbulence below 50% or eliminating additional/elevated injected turbulence should help tremendously (not suggesting getting rid of turbulence).

As I post this it's very late, and I'm afraid I have medical appointments tomorrow morning, but afterwards I'll do some testing and see if I can come up with a few ActiveSky2016 settings that will help and once I have them I'll post them here.  For those who can't wait, try Googling:

FSX PMDG NGX S Turn solution, or

FSX PMDG NGX STurn, or

FSX PMDG NGX S-Turn

Best wishes.

I actually don't use any addon weather engines. I just plug in weather information at my departure airport and winds aloft into the default weather application, and sometime before TOD I'll plug in weather at my destination. I use P3Dv3 btw.

9 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Hans:  I downloaded the hotfix, but it does not appear to have a readme file.  Where do I place the 7zfile for it to be effective?

And I do not know how to open it, seems to need an app.

ASCRJ_1005c.7z

That is a 7-Zip file. It's the same as a zip file, and most de-compressor utility should unzip it however I strongly recommend downloading and using 7-zip as your one stop unzipping utility. It's really the standard when it comes to compressing or uncompressing files.

After it's unzipped you'll see the files including a "How to Reinstall" text tile.

Best wishes.

Friends,

I just completed a flight from EHAM to EDDM.  Winds aloft during the flight were generally tail winds and quartering tailwinds up to 50 kts, and I dind't ahve any problem whatsoever with S-turns.  I use ActiveSky 2016 for my weather engine and have VATSIM weather selected (anyone who flies on VATSIM should do this).

Best wishes.

Using 1.0.0.5c - I have had much better response and no constant 'zickzack'

I have noticed on longer legs that I have drifted about 1.8miles left of course per the prog page I was drifting 1.8 right though. The particular leg this did this on was 205nm between fixes.  Winds aloft was mainly a headwind.

I just had a flight with very little AS4 wind aloft (2 kt- KGRR to KIAH) and the CRJ did great. The previous flight I had strong winds (quartering tailwinds 30-60kts (KDEN to KGRR) and lots of S turns. Seems like the winds do make a difference, at least on my system.

P3Dv4, 1.0.0.5c, AS4, VATSIM winds

Bill Barrette

Yes, to my great humiliation I discovered the 7z file is another form of compression and can be opened with WinZip.

The hotfix has worked well.  But I am a little bluffed over the TOD that is calculated in the FMS.  To me it seems usually too close to the destination, or is there a required descent rate?- which would need to be fairly steep-in order to use it in practice.

5 hours ago, macca22au said:

Yes, to my great humiliation I discovered the 7z file is another form of compression and can be opened with WinZip.

The hotfix has worked well.  But I am a little bluffed over the TOD that is calculated in the FMS.  To me it seems usually too close to the destination, or is there a required descent rate?- which would need to be fairly steep-in order to use it in practice.

A good rule of thumb for calculating your TOD, is to divide your current altitude by 1000, and multiply this figure by 3. For example, if you are at 30000 feet, 30000 / 1000 = 30. 30 x 3 = 90. Therefore you need to start descending 90 miles before you reach your destination.

Of course this is only a guide. There are many other factors you need to take into account, particularly altitude constraints.

15 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I just sent a new version out to the beta testers. I want the next version to be solid, to avoid more sizzling hot fixes.

Is it 1.0.0.6 then? 

Archived