1.0.0.5 FMS flying Zickzack arround the path

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same problem with the auto pilot doing its own thing. After wasting many hours since the original version came out and not completing a flight due to CTD`s and downloading the various upgrades which have their own problems. I finally managed to fly from LFPG to LOWI with version 1.0.0.5   I  had to hand fly the STAR into LOWI  because the autopilot was on drugs and was so excited when I touched down and engaged reverse thrust only to find the autopilot engaged and threw me up into the air at 240 kts and I then stalled. I give up..!! This is one very sick aircraft. May I suggest it be withdrawn from sale for the time being until it is ready and  to prevent many anxious wasted hours of other customers. 

Someone has to say  it.

15 minutes ago, robwin said:

I had the same problem with the auto pilot doing its own thing. After wasting many hours since the original version came out and not completing a flight due to CTD`s and downloading the various upgrades which have their own problems. I finally managed to fly from LFPG to LOWI with version 1.0.0.5   I  had to hand fly the STAR into LOWI  because the autopilot was on drugs and was so excited when I touched down and engaged reverse thrust only to find the autopilot engaged and threw me up into the air at 240 kts and I then stalled. I give up..!! This is one very sick aircraft. May I suggest it be withdrawn from sale for the time being until it is ready and  to prevent many anxious wasted hours of other customers. 

Someone has to say  it.

Is this with the new experimental hotfix Hans released? Because I have seen most of the bugs in this thread, but nothing like this. Sounds like user error to me.

This is without the hotfix and as a real world pilot I have yet to see any aircraft launch into the air whilst autopilot is disengaged and reverse increases speed from 135 kts to 240 kts  and the aircraft climbs at a 60 degree angle. Looks like I may have discovered something else.

Looks like we are all beta testing this aircraft.

26 minutes ago, Motormike said:

This sounds like an ORBX scenerie failure

Did you sign up for their P3D v4 beta? I did and haven't had any issues yet but have heard about CTDs with the new ObjectFlow v2.

45 minutes ago, andyman977 said:

Is this with the new experimental hotfix Hans released? Because I have seen most of the bugs in this thread, but nothing like this. Sounds like user error to me.

I agree. Furthermore his post has nothing to do with this thread which is about one specific problem and its solution. A real world pilot should be able to get that right.

57 minutes ago, robwin said:

Someone has to say  it.

If that was happening to everybody I'm sure it would have been pulled from sale a long time ago. Something did get broken in the autopilot NAV tracking in this last update, (and already being fixed), but in many weeks of flying pre and post-release versions of the aircraft, I have never seen anything remotely like what you describe. Reverse thrust has always worked well. (As long as the switches are armed). If the autopilot engaged when applying reverse thrust, it sounds like somewhere in your particular sim installation a button, axis or other controller is accidentally assigned to do two different things.

2 minutes ago, Motormike said:

Yep in Beta, but Lowi i have from Justsim (was first)

No trouble at all til now with the Beta

I have Orbx LOWI, but didn't have the chance to fly there yet. As soon as I can catch a breath, I'm going to give it a try though.

Hi

Yes, for me hotfix solved nav issue. I didn't have problems in NAV mode (FSX).

Also LOC and GS capture worked as it should .

Great work Hans.

P.S. Little off topic when entering route should I first enter SID or enter route without SID and later include SID?

I entered as I enter in AIRBUS or Q400. Full route and then SID. But in CRJ in that case I have duplicate waypoint.

BRGDS

Edvardo

19 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Can anyone confirm this hotfix solved the nav issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, too late to start a flight now... Hope someone else can.

Skip.

I spoke too fast. It's happend again.

Everything was ok, then the fms course became wrong after crossing a waypoint.
Switching to HDG mode to modify the path then reactivating the NAV mode corrects the problem but the AP was unable to catch the path with the half bank enable. It was left-right-left... off the path. By trying to disable the 1/2 bank mode the fms crs became crazy on the PFD and changes every second from left to right...

Please login to display this image.

I'm having the same issue with the AP not tracking the NAV course properly, on top of that it fails to update the distance to the waypoint so it says i'm 100NM from a point when I'm actually 20.

Dunno but In my opinion the NAV tracking got worse after this hotfix, hopefully Hans can fix it because it's a great plane!

Did the second leg today from TNCM to KMIA. After takeoff same issue with autopilot as reportet before, plane started to turn right circles. Then switched to HDG mode and later tried to go back to NAV mode after eliminating the missed waypoints in the legs page. For a time in worked, then on a long leg of 400 miles between to waypoints the same again.

I flew the CRJ now for several hours only once having a ctd. But the behaviour of the AP in NAV mode really got worse in the current version.

Does anyone try the hotfix? I downloaded it but not installed currently.

Hi

As I wrote few posts above, for me in FSX, hotfix 5c is the best so far.

I don't have weird NAV behavior.

And NAV tracking in my opinion is better then in 1.004.

I must admit I perform only short flight with TTL DIST 240nm but everything worked.

Before hotfix 5c on same route I had a problem with GS capture.

After hotfix 5c all OK.

I will test more tomorrow and report

Yea the quick experimental hotfix by Hans has mostly solved the NAV tracking issues for me, however I am still having problems with the FMS distance NM freezing 16 or sometimes even 100 NM before reaching a waypoint.

Hopefully the distance remaining update can be fixed

5 hours ago, robwin said:

This is without the hotfix and as a real world pilot I have yet to see any aircraft launch into the air whilst autopilot is disengaged and reverse increases speed from 135 kts to 240 kts  and the aircraft climbs at a 60 degree angle. Looks like I may have discovered something else.

Looks like we are all beta testing this aircraft.

I quite frankly agree. After 7 years of development, a V1.0 release shouldn't have so many bugs to warrant 5 hotfixes within a week after release.

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I quite frankly agree. After 7 years of development, a V1.0 release shouldn't have so many bugs to warrant 5 hotfixes within a week after release. 

You know, the same was said about the PMDG NGX?  Only it was 5+ years in development. Same was said about the Dash 8 Q400 Professional, and that was 6 years in development and over 3 years in development after the Pilot version was released.  The same could be said of most any high end flight sim aircraft.

Something else about the 7 years development time line... it wasn't concurrent because during that time a great software tools and techniques became available and the decision was made to meet today's expectations rather than pump out a project based on what was expected back 7 years ago. Admittedly that is a problem with long running development times - and as for the development time, Aerosoft has already taken the heat and owned up to this, so it is senseless to keep bringing it up as it's not going to change anything now.

Regarding the number of hotfixes, I tend to take the glass is half full approach. Thankfully Hans is the type of developer who doesn't wait three monhs to address non-critical issues, and he's been working night and day to fix each bug that has been reported and get a fix out to people so they didn't have to wait for it.  Hans should be commended for the level of support and how incredibly fast he's been addressing issues and getting updates out to the community, not lambasted for it.  In fact, I give Hans a lot of credit for being the type of person to finish what he started, especially through all the diversity he had to contend with.

My very best wishes to everyone, and my many thanks to Hans for putting a CRJ in my hanger!

I agree, Hans has been working on issues every day since release. While it may frustrate some to uninstall and reinstall it's good to see a developer take pride in his work and continuously try to resolve everyone's issues. Even PMDG has been having the fair share of issues with numerous full installs over the last few months. Than there is another group who released a certain plane 8 months ago and it continues to be plagued with problems. I give it to Hans, he's here everyday day answering questions and admits when something isn't working. Keep up the good work and look forward to the updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Just got done with a flight using the 5c hotfix. Still looks like it could use a little tweaking. The nav following issue is greatly improved, however it seems to follow the fmc about a mile to the right, haven't tried doing any precision approaches yet.

Perhaps my earlier assessment was a bit hasty. Looking at things from my perspective after spending $50 on an aircraft it can be frustrating having this bugs. It is good to see a developer who tries to solve these problems fairly quickly instead of waiting for a major patch to fix them.

Archived