How to generate flight plans

Drawyah

Morning guys,

I'm currently trying to create a flight plan for Rzeszów Jasionka to Munich (EPRZ - EDDM) via Simbrief and downloaded the Aerosoft Airbus option. Unfortunately all I get in return is ROUTE ERROR when I try to load it either manually in the Flightplan page or through the Pilot Route List.

Comparing the two flight plans in Notepad, there aren't too many major differences between the two. Any ideas on where to generate a plan for this aircraft? Cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel for more Simulator and Gaming content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/drawyahgames?sub_confirmation=1

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said: I had no problem inserting that in the FMS manually. Keep in mind that is how real pilots do it.

We'll keep it in mind though.

CRJs don't get their route from any sort of ACARS?

I guess not since there isn't an ACARS unit in the plane. [emoji3]

Many airlines use ACARS in CRJs. It's an option that does not come in "stock" aircraft.

Jim Barrett

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said: I had no problem inserting that in the FMS manually. Keep in mind that is how real pilots do it. We'll keep it in mind though.

CRJs don't get their route from any sort of ACARS?

I guess not since there isn't an ACARS unit in the plane. [emoji3]

Many airlines use ACARS in CRJs. It's an option that does not come in "stock" aircraft.

Jim Barrett

Autothrottle is another optional extra many airlines also go for. I don't mind manual throttle as I do fly stuff like the Dornier Do228 and Premier IA all the time, but it's an extra! [emoji14]

----------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel for more Simulator and Gaming content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/drawyahgames?sub_confirmation=1

2 hours ago, Drawyah said:

Autothrottle is another optional extra many airlines also go for

Really? I haven't seen any CRJ with an autothrottle unit and none of the consulting pilots works for an airline that ordered autothrottle. It's not described in any of my manuals either. May be in the -1000s with the coupled VNAV option.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Drawyah said:

Autothrottle is another optional extra many airlines also go for. I don't mind manual throttle as I do fly stuff like the Dornier Do228 and Premier IA all the time, but it's an extra! emoji14.png

For sure not 'many' airlines go for that because we simply have never seen any. As far as we know none of the CRJ's that are registered in Europe have that option. 

My friends,

I'll be posting this is a few different threads to make sure everyone who has asked about this knows.... Derek at Simbrief got back to me late this evening to let me know that he's added the Aerosoft CRJ to SimBrief.

Here is the message Derek sent to me:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dave,

The CRJ format is now available on SimBrief! If you don't see the "Aerosoft CRJ" format at first, try re-generating a flight plan and it should show up.

As I don't own the CRJ myself, I haven't been able to test these files on the actual aircraft. For now I've simply followed the guidelines in the PDF file and hoped for the best. If you get a chance to try it out, and if you find any bugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to solve them ASAP.

Cheers,

- Derek

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also... the CRJ Flight Plan format is highly similar to the Aerosoft Airbus format, but not the same.

Best wishes and Happy Flights!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2017 at 11:18 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

For sure not 'many' airlines go for that because we simply have never seen any. As far as we know none of the CRJ's that are registered in Europe have that option. 

I knew I was correct! Kinda!

SafeFlight have an FAA Certified aftermarket autothrottle for CRJ aircraft that some airline have had fitted onto their aircraft. It was a lot more common in the 100 and 200 series aircraft as opposed to the 700 and 900 depicted in this package.

http://www.safeflight.com/corporate-aviation/products/autopower/crj-200850/

Archived